?? Calfee's book ??

Beau:

Maybe this thread should have started out "This is not an advertisment", like some other thread talking about someone's product, and it might be allowed to stay...:rolleyes:

Dave

That was already tried. So far this one is sticking but I look for the hammer to drop any second.

Okay,

This was my fault. I started the post "This is not an advertisement" because for one thing it was not and the other was a comment on previous deletions. I think Dave S was only commenting on previous deletions as well.

James made this thing. It is unique. I don't think he intends to make more but there may be a demand but he certainly did not ask me to comment, advertise or in any way try to help him sell a product. The post was my doing and probably a mistake. I just wanted to, and will, share my experience with the tuner.

Maybe I should have simply e-mailed James, but most people seem interested in such things.

If a book does come out can we get signed copies? I was thinking about getting one for James for Christmas.
Waterboy

there is a page on explanation of terminology
as bill sees it right? might stop a lot of the
discussin' in here.

Fred
If the book later becomes available to the general public will you buy one?
Waterboy

sell it and they will buy it.
i told bill last year on here to put together a book or have
someone put one together for him and i would buy it. should
be good reading material. there's no reason a poor ol' country
boy shouldn't make a little money for himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
What!

I have always wanted to know about this Calfee guy. I have two rifles with his name stamped on the barrel and was wanting to know about the man that built them.
Were can I get this book and if I buy it will I have to throw away all the PS articles I kept in these binders?
Will the book explain why all these people hate him so?

I have always wanted to know about this Calfee guy. I have two rifles with his name stamped on the barrel and was wanting to know about the man that built them.
Were can I get this book and if I buy it will I have to throw away all the PS articles I kept in these binders?
Will the book explain why all these people hate him so?

Paul, since I know yours are the real deal, I don't really direct this question at you but why would anybody think that just because Calfee's name is stamped on the barrel he built it? Or even if he did stamp the name on the barrel, who's to say it's not been rechambered and fiddled with to make it look like the real deal? It has happened. I think Calfee charges $50 to look up records on a rifle. Considering the price and the things that have happened, I think that's $50 well spent.

Beau
Yes, mine did come from Bill and it would be $50.00 well spent if you were going to purchase one.
I'm just very tired of hearing the constant bitching by those who were unwilling to wait 4 or 5 years on Bills list to have one made like I did. I suspect their tone of voice or attitude may also been a factor or they may have wanted the rifle built to their specs. or materials. I know Bill builds them his way and they do shoot well.
It seems I can't shoot mine as well as others do but I think age may be the reason.
I'm just tired of the constant assault on Bill and would love a book from him but I wonder if it will ever come? Bill is not the only builder that can produce a quality rifle but he is the one that shared his methods so the others could profit from his learning process. For this I thank him!
Steve

Back