Bore guide/rod.

W

Waylan Kisor

What is the best bore guide and cleaning rod. I saw different combos at a recent BR shoot and was wondering what most of the "pros" use.

Barrel Saver and Lucas. The first is expensive but you get what you pay for. Lucas is much cheaper. They both work!! Look in the BRC home page to the left under cleaning supplies. In my humble opinion the best is Barrel Saver.
Good luck
vinny

Last edited by a moderator:
Dewey rod, Lucas bore guide, nuff said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

I am by no means a pro but I do have several Dewey rods and I must say after I bought a Tipton Rod I won't buy another Dewey. The bearings in the handle are so much smoother. In fact there is no comparison. You don't have to tighten the cleaning jag with a pair of pliers with the tipton because it just never works loose. Finger tight is more than enough. My friend bought a Bore Tech rod and is just as pleased with it over the Dewey. I used it and it too is very nice.

Match the Jag

All the rods mentioned, have a good reputation. Be sure you match the diameter of the Jag, to the diameter of the rod. You can easily damage the crown with a jag to large. Allan Hall make a great rod guide that will fit numerous action. Suports the rod better than many of the standard guides.

Back