Bluebonnet Second Day sndFinal Results

jackie schmidt

Yesterday, was Wind and Rain, today Just wind, and lot’s of it.
Jackie Schmidt Won the Sporter 200 and went on to win the Sporter Texas State Championship.

Mike Bryant Won the Light Varmint 200 and went on to win the Light Varmint TexasState Championship.

Mike Bryant went on to win the Two Gun.

Thanks to Kris Whitman and crew for running a great Match.

Here are the results, and a few pictures.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24604&stc=1&d=1620004790

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24605&stc=1&d=1620004825

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24606&stc=1&d=1620004869

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24607&stc=1&d=1620004925

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24608&stc=1&d=1620005002

Attachments

• A0AD8AAC-2318-4A4A-A353-E5FD3E687DDC.jpeg
    A0AD8AAC-2318-4A4A-A353-E5FD3E687DDC.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 477
  • 2D9559B6-8FAE-4D7A-81E0-9F3C551ABAF5.jpeg
    2D9559B6-8FAE-4D7A-81E0-9F3C551ABAF5.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 440
  • D7451D0C-F6AB-46DF-BA49-DA970B5C75E6.jpeg
    D7451D0C-F6AB-46DF-BA49-DA970B5C75E6.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 406
  • C2B39715-6E06-4957-AD9F-F2701357608E.jpeg
    C2B39715-6E06-4957-AD9F-F2701357608E.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 380
  • DF087713-2593-45C3-B2FD-47CA7731E2A7.jpeg
    DF087713-2593-45C3-B2FD-47CA7731E2A7.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 444
Congrats to Mike Bryant, from looking at the group stats it looks like the wind was a huge factor. Great shooting by everyone under not so great conditions.

Jackie, You made good time coming home. It was so nice to visit with you. Great shooting!!!! The club thanks everyone that attended.

Congrats

Congratulations to Jackie and Mike. Great shooting! Wish I could have called the match this time, but age is catching up.

Again great shooting!!

Virg

Butch, Kyle has really picked up the game fast. He reminded me that it wasnÂ’t that long ago that I made him some cases for his 30BR so he could shoot Score.

I think he said this was his first yardage win.

It may be Kyle’s first yardage win, but it won’t be his last. No one works harder at benchrest than Kyle does. He has a lot more hours shooting at the range working up loads, testing and tuner testing than just about anyone. He definitely earned his finish. He did a great job in some trying conditions. I look forward to seeing him at the top of the leader board in years to come.

I had a group or two that helped a lot and no agg killer groups. As always Kris and the people at New Braunfels put on a great match in “match conditions”. The target crew certainly had it the worst with Saturday afternoons monsoon downpour. I’ve seen people tend to think that the term match conditions means trigger pulling conditions. It’s not. Match conditions is whatever is happening between you and the target at the time the commence fire command is given, whether it’s rain pouring down, whirlwinds coming across the range, tails straight out or very rarely in Texas tails hanging straight down.

Last edited:
Blue bonnet

Excellent observations Mike. I wasn’t there,but I heard about all the fun and frustration. Its also rewarding, to the Sport, that Two of Kyle;s shooting buddy’s, from the DFW area, with about three years experience,finished in the top ten in the two gun. Second and fifth in Sporter. The importance of their success is that these new shooters will likely be back for more.

I see these men on a regular basis. They will have a lot to talk to about in the coming days.

I know shooters who have been at it a lot longer who have never finished second in a registered match.

Congratulations to the winners and all the competitors who tried.

Glenn

It may be Kyle’s first yardage win, but it won’t be his last. No one works harder at benchrest than Kyle does. He has a lot more hours shooting at the range working up loads, testing and tuner testing than just about anyone. He definitely earned his finish. He did a great job in some trying conditions. I look forward to seeing him at the top of the leader board in years to come.

I had a group or two that helped a lot and no agg killer groups. As always Kris and the people at New Braunfels put on a great match in “match conditions”. The target crew certainly had it the worst with Saturday afternoons monsoon downpour. I’ve seen people tend to think that the term match conditions means trigger pulling conditions. It’s not. Match conditions is whatever is happening between you and the target at the time the commence fire command is given, whether it’s rain pouring down, whirlwinds coming across the range, tails straight out or very rarely in Texas tails hanging straight down.

Plus 2 on the “Match Condition” observation.

One of the paradoxes of Benchrest is that we shoot the most accurate rifles on the Planet, but have to do it in what ever conditions are present at our relay.

It is rarely a “trigger pull”. It’s knowing when to pull the trigger.

Bluebonnet

We appreciate everyone who braved the weather to shoot with us this year. We always have a good time, regardless of the weather, and enjoy visiting with old friends. It was good to see Jackie shooting groups again. He obviously hasn't lost his touch. Mike Bryant, Kyle Schultz, our own Gary Bristow, Jackie Schmidt, and our own Speedy Gonzales round out the top five spots this year. By our own I mean these two guys that you all know shoot in our local club so I am glad to see them in the top five. You always see these guys at the top of the list and as people have said Kyle earned his way to second place. I want to give a big shoutout to Jacob Gottfredson who once again made the match this year. It is always nice to see Jacob with a rifle in his hands.

The target crew consisted of Dick Cunningham (local club shooter), my youngest daughter Samantha, and my Sister-in-Law Lori Riebe. They had to run targets in one of the heaviest rains we have seen in a while but they got it done and didn't even complain. I bet it took a week for the inside of Dicks truck to dry out. My wife Darla also assisted by entering the scores into the computer after I measured them. The ladies also served lunch for the shooters and even baked brownies and cookies for the guys. We appreciate all who took advantage of the lunches and hope you enjoyed the fresh baked goodies.

My only regret is not being able to shoot with you guys but someone has put up the frames, set up backers, score, and run the computer. I'm glad everyone had a good time and we look forward to seeing you all again next year.

Kris Whitman

Back