Bill Myers has left the range.

B

Bill Myers

Bill passed away peacefully in his sleep at 11:45 this evening. He was at home, surrounded by his family. His wish was to be cremated and a memorial service will be held next week for friends and family. I'll let everyone know when and where as soon as final arrangements are made.

As time passed and he became weaker, the many phone calls, emails and cards from his friends gave him a great deal of happiness. He wanted to talk on the phone, but just couldn't summon the energy to do it towards the end. But he was fortunate enough to know how many of you cared about him and respected his work.

I thank you very much.

Inez

Inez,
Kathy and I are very sorry to hear this sad news. I will miss Bill when I travel South to shoot...
Todd

Inez, though I knew it was coming it is so sad to read. I am sorry for your loss. Gerald Higdon

Inez, We are deeply saddened by your loss and will keep you and Bill in our thoughts and prayers. He was a generous friend and a true craftsman. We are surely deminished.
Bill and Carol Smith

Inez,
My deepest sympathy to you in this difficult time.

Michael Gallant

Inez,

I hit the reply to post button and have sat here for ten minutes, The words just don't come. Tears, but not words. I just wish there was something to say to convey our feeling of loss for you and the shooting community in general. He is a good friend.

Our deepest condolences to you and your family.

Ken & Cherie

Inez:

Please accept our deepest condolences. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. If there is anything we can do, please do not hesitate to call on us.

We are diminished...

Dave and Pat Smith
Bradenton, Florida

Inez

You and your family will be in our prayers! He was truely a very special person and friend, he will be missed! Steve, Janie and Daniel

Inez,

I am so sorry to hear that news, you and your family are in out thoughts and Prayers.
Charlie

Inez,

So sorry to hear of Bill's passing. You and your family will be in my prayers.

We all lost a great person, friend, innovator, machinist, fabricator, and gunsmith.

Dennis Lindsay

Bill Myers we will miss you.

Inez, If there is anything the boys from Carolina can do for you just give us a shout .

Bill built my first custom Bench rest rifle. It was a Turbo/Benchmark combination in one of his laminated wood stocks. It was beautiful and it would shoot as well. Bill had some of the prettiest wood stocks I have ever seen. That gun shot better than I did.

I remember one time I had all of my stuff set up for sale at Kettlefoot and I was in a hurry. I had set a couple of used rifles out for sale and I left the bolts in them. Bill come by and said "Dan, get those bolts out of those guns, you do not ever leave a gun lying around with a bolt in it." I was tired and busy and I snapped back at him, and Bill just looked at me and said "Get those bolts out of those guns!" I was aggravated with Bill at that time, but he was right. He was just looking after me. Bill was the kind of guy when he saw something wrong, he spoke up. He did not worry about upsetting anyone, he just wanted what was right. I admire him for that.

I would occassionally call Bill for advice on something and he was always honest and would tell me what he thought. I will miss him.

Bill was always full of energy and going 100mph. Once he had his mind set on something, he got it done. He did not mess around.

Inez, our prayers are with you and your family. We will miss Bill.

Inez

Inez, I am so sorry to hear the news that Bill passed away. He was a good friend and I will miss him. If there is anything I can do please let me know. James

Inez,

Very sorry to hear the news of Bill's passing. You and family will be in our prayers.

Les & Carrie Williams

Inez,

We will surely miss Bill. I only had the pleasure of knowing him for only

a few months. My brother and I count ourselves fortunate to have a Bill

Myers gun. It was always great talking with him and hearing of his new and

innovative ideas. His passing will surely leave a void in our sport and hearts.

You and your family are in our prayers!

Mark and Tim Walter

Inez Sorry to hear of Bill's passing. We have enjoyed a lot shoots over the years.

Back