Beggs 'ultralite' rimfire stock

Oh, the barrel has a flat cut in it? I wondered about that looking at the picture seeing the squared off inside of the forend. Next question, what about indexing with this flat? Why couldn't the inside forend be made half-round? Thanks, Douglas

kathy's [a] clown

Gordon
I see Gene has already answered this but have to tell you about the time i mentioned "Kathy's caution" to Butch Hongisto.He nearly choked laughing and said that old fraud had started many false rumors!
Colt.45

Maybe your not testing for the constriction correctly. Take a pulled bullet (not a lapping slug). Start it in the chamber. Use a rod with the jag removed. The end of the rod fits nicely in the cup of the bullet. Push the bullet slowly through the barrel. It might also depend on the barrel dimension. The two barrels I tried it on were .750 at the muzzle. I knew nothing of this possibility when I first tried it. I was just trying to see if my barrel had loose spots. I felt a very tight area just before the muzzle. I could not tell if it was exactly at the muzzle or not because I had a long Time Supertune on it. I removed the tuner so I could se better exactly where the tight spot was. The tight spot disappeared! I retried this several times using a new bullet each time with the same results. I then moved to my other barrel with the same results. Both were Shilen 6 groove 1 in 16 1/2 deeply fluted back in the BR-50 days where weigh was important. Since then I no longer tighten my tuners more than 10 inch pounds. Haven't tried any newer barrels. But don't depend on what other say when the experiment is so easy to try. Come to your own conclusion. Rich

Back