Barrel Vise

rear entry for the twisted.

I have never had a Remington Barrel I could not break loose with my big Brownell.

Of course, I do use my own aluminum bushings thing that fit the barrel taper.

I look at barrel vises like I do hammers. You can do just about anything with a big hammer that you can a little hammer, but not the other way around.:eek:

Rear entry wrenches should only be used on solid bottom actions. Unless it is a Kelbly that does place all of the force on the front where it belongs.

Jackie, As usual I am confused. What do you mean by a rear entry action wrench? Every one I have ever owned looks like it engages at the lug recesses on the front of the action. How can this twist the whole action? I know you are an expert on twisted and perhaps even rear entry but I am a rank neophyte. Tim

Jackie, As usual I am confused. What do you mean by a rear entry action wrench? Every one I have ever owned looks like it engages at the lug recesses on the front of the action. How can this twist the whole action? I know you are an expert on twisted and perhaps even rear entry but I am a rank neophyte. Tim

Discarding that last sentence...........

One of these. Used to be common, not so much any more.

rear entry rifle action wrench

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...d=0ahUKEwiP5YXdyrnLAhUY7mMKHagBDMoQMwhCKBswGw

Last edited:
Tim, Truer

I know you are an expert on twisted and perhaps even rear entry but I am a rank neophyte. Tim[/QUOTE]

words have never been spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discarding that last sentence...........

One of these. Used to be common, not so much any more.

rear entry rifle action wrench

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...d=0ahUKEwiP5YXdyrnLAhUY7mMKHagBDMoQMwhCKBswGw

Wow Jackie, that IS a nasty device!

I've a (shall remain unnamed) action wrench which is similar except that it's simply a hot-bent hunk of rectangular bar stock without the driver welded to the rear. It works exactly the same as the one in your picture and I set it aside after one use. It WILL twist the action rails.

If I were to design a rear-entry wrench today I'd make it around .699 diameter for Remingtons, in other words simply as large as physically possible and most definitely with a nut welded to the rear, NO BENDS, and for sure no flanges nor flats nor flutes running thru the action.

Wow Jackie, that IS a nasty device!

I've a (shall remain unnamed) action wrench which is similar except that it's simply a hot-bent hunk of rectangular bar stock without the driver welded to the rear. It works exactly the same as the one in your picture and I set it aside after one use. It WILL twist the action rails.

If I were to design a rear-entry wrench today I'd make it around .699 diameter for Remingtons, in other words simply as large as physically possible and most definitely with a nut welded to the rear, NO BENDS, and for sure no flanges nor flats nor flutes running thru the action.

I Was Wrong.....

I stated earlier that I owned "all the rear entry" entries in the market.

I was wrong.

I was just made aware of Darrell Hollands rear entry wrench and not only have I NOT tried one (I didn't know about them) but they look and sound robust enough to work.

My Mistake

I'll probably have to get me one......just so's I know

Back