Barrel twist rate and # of groove question

P

pat701

A 16 " barreled AR 556 with 1 in 7 twist rate and 6 grooves What weight of bullet should the most accurate?

A 16" barreled AR 556 with 1 in 7 twist rate and 4 grooves What weight bullet should be the most accurate?

A 16 " barreled AR 556 with 1 in 7 twist rate and 6 grooves What weight of bullet should the most accurate?

A 16" barreled AR 556 with 1 in 7 twist rate and 4 grooves What weight bullet should be the most accurate?

The number of grooves/lands doesn't matter....... The "most" accurate bullet is the one YOU find... Won't always be the heavy bullet for that fast twist.... Just remember to slow down the lighter .22 pills... That 7 twist even from a .223 can be TOUGH on the jackets..!

cale

ar5.56 is not designed for accuracy......5.56 is a specific chamber..........5.56 is typically chrome lined ,these two bbls are or are not ??
ar15 in 223 could be
are these match grade bbl with match chambers ?? as in pick a short throat for a bullet weight that makes mag length....
a wilde chamber is a nice compromise...but not for short range.
16 bbl limits effiecency.
no answer for the question as posed....
mike in co

Pat, I have been shooting the Berger 80.5 gr bullet using the loading information in the New Sierra loading manual.
I like the results.
Centerfire

magazine length out of a 16" bbl ???
mike in co
Pat, I have been shooting the Berger 80.5 gr bullet using the loading information in the New Sierra loading manual.
I like the results.
Centerfire

Back