Ammo

C

cockfight

It appears that some shooters are starting to shoot the Lapua center x. I am curious as to the good ,bad, and the ugly that some have experienced.

Depends on what the barrel likes. I have had some success with Center X in one barrel, but not in another. Biggest problem now, is a supplier.

Hey Cockfight: Center x.....I have been shooting it for a couple years now, but through only 1 barrel, a Lilja 4 groove 16 in a 2013. I like it. Thats the good, the bad....its a fixed velosity 1030, but dont quote me. The ugly.....that would be "me" I buy it from Champion shooters supply, or the ammunition store .com decent price fast reliable shipping. I have been hearing some pretty good shooters talk about it lately, It would be great to find a round that shoots without breaking the bank for once, wouldnt it? Good luck, hope it works out for ya. Ed.

I have some Center X that shoots pretty well. The price is attractive. I compared it to some old SK Match and to some old Lapua Midas and Master, that I have. It looks to be more like the SK/Wolf, with the same dark graphite looking bullet/lube, as opposed to the light grey look of the Midas bullet/lube. My guess (and it's only a guess) is that it is SK Match that has been upgraded or has better quality control. It's made in Germany at the SK plant, so that fits.

Last edited:
Hi Pete: I agree, But the company (Lapua) has seen change of late, hopefully for the better. Ed.

With Lapua's new test centre facility and improving supply chain. Coupled with Eleys deminishing interest in the market. It will be good for all. IMO

With Lapua's new test centre facility and improving supply chain. Coupled with Eleys deminishing interest in the market. It will be good for all. IMO

The fact that current ELEY is , for whatever reason, not as good in this country, has been established. The opinion that they have less interest in the market is opinion pulled from thin air, perhaps we should stick to facts.

Fred J, My understanding is that you request lots (or cases) from the facility and they are shipped to YOUR normal dealer (@ the dealers normal price)

The fact that current ELEY is , for whatever reason, not as good in this country, has been established. The opinion that they have less interest in the market is opinion pulled from thin air, perhaps we should stick to facts.

They say one is born every minute.:D

I guess you think shipping their second string product into the market and all the other stuff that has occurred is being interested. Some folks can read the tracks in the dirt some folks can't. You're obviously out of the second group.

I suggest you stick to making empty threats. Its what you do best.

They say one is born every minute.:D

I guess you think shipping their second string product into the market and all the other stuff that has occurred is being interested. Some folks can read the tracks in the dirt some folks can't. You're obviously out of the second group.

I suggest you stick to making empty threats. Its what you do best.

So this is what passes for fact with the'' pretend benchrest'' crew there Hammy. Whatever has taken place [ I tend to suspect, London olympics related], I hope is temporary, what I'd bet my life on is that you whould be the LAST person in the known galaxy to have an accurate read on the issue.

Pete Wass, Whichever DEALER you get your ammo from now.

I have been buying my ammo from Dangerous Dan and the last time I looked, I didn't see any Lapua listed for sale nor have I seen any dealers advertise other that some fellow from Leatherwood, Ks on the classifieds. I guess Champions Choice sells it as well as Champion Shooters, eh?

Back