Action Tenon Length

Karl's,
Vibe answered where my thoughts were at on the action length, though I will admit it is not a difficult issue to work around; however I never called it a defect. I simply was curious to know why the trends were the way they are. And I have received my answer.

Pete,
I'm going to have to take a look at the Myers to know what your talking about. What features does it offer?

Karl's,
Vibe answered where my thoughts were at on the action length, though I will admit it is not a difficult issue to work around; however I never called it a defect. I simply was curious to know why the trends were the way they are. And I have received my answer.

Pete,
I'm going to have to take a look at the Myers to know what your talking about. What features does it offer?

The Myers uses a Std Remington 700 series trigger, which gets pinned in. It is on the 40X footprint if one considers that to be an advantage and my favorite thing is being able to simply drop a round into the top of the action and close the bolt. No fear of getting it jammed into the extractor groove, etc, To me, ease of loading ranks very high on my list of wants in an action. I also like it ejecting right and forward to keep the empties away from where I load, on the left.

I am not crazy about the big tenon but there is a bushing available, which I now have. I have only shot, perhaps a brick through mine but the bolt flows nicely now and seems to shoot pretty well. We'll see on Saturday :).

Pete

I can't, for the life of me figure out WHY all rifle actions aren't made this way. The ease of loading and not having to deal with ejected empties where I am working to load seems such a simple and wonderful idea. My 37 has that feature as well.

Pete

Because they give up some other key issues in the way of performance, primarily ignition and trigger location.

Because they give up some other key issues in the way of performance, primarily ignition and trigger location.

I don't see how changing the loading port and having the bolt eject the spent cases out of the way has anything to do with ignition or trigger location.

AND, there is nothing about either the trigger location or ignition that can't be easily fixed.

Pete

Last edited:
I don't see how changing the loading port and having the bolt eject the spent cases out of the way has anything to do with ignition or trigger location.

AND, there is nothing about either the trigger location or ignition that can't be easily fixed.

Pete

And yet Mr. Stiller felt the need to design a new action from the ground up, no doubt solving those non- existent design issues. I wonder why he did that?

Chasin the Calfee Thing

And yet Mr. Stiller felt the need to design a new action from the ground up, no doubt solving those non- existent design issues. I wonder why he did that?

Have you ever noticed how many times BC has shifted from action to action, stock to stock, barrel to barrel. Don't tell me you are one of THEM? There have been a number of non Turbo actioned rifles win big matches over the past couple of years, as you may have noticed, some of them 40Xes. Most recently it was a Suhl. Now tell me, how important are actions in the grand scheme of things, based on that history? How important is it to wring out every last bit, if in fact the Blueprinted Turbo Type can do it? Seems to me way too much emphasis is placed on actions and way too little on all the rest of the combination. I keep going back to an old Smith telling me "When you close that gate, the gate is closed". it's what's ahead of the gate that matters. Makes more and more sense to me as time goes on.

Pete

Back