6BR won't shoot 105Amax bullet

Chris

The N140 shot quite well, but inmy opinion, not quite as well as the Reloader-15.

That barrel, for somereason, really liked reloader 15.

As a added note, one bullet it would not shioot that well was the Lapua Scenar 105, which is a beautiful bullet. I think the barrel, (a .237 4-groove), was a little loose for them, as all of the ones I had measured no bigger than .2427 any where on the shank.

Howerver, Ed's Rifle, which has a .236 6-groove Krieger, loves them.......jackie

I have shot a lot of modified 6br rounds in the last 10 years in comp. and also on ground hogs and have found that AA 2460, AA2520 abd Norma 203-B powders have shot the best in 4 different rifles. If the 105 A-Max doesn't get the job done(try hard in the lands and way off the lands before you give up on them) maybe the 87 gr V-Max might be better. Also the 450CCI primer might help.

back from load testing the 6BR today, found that the 105 Amaxs did their thing today 31 grs RL-15 450 primer, shot 4 touching and the 4th about 3/8 out, this looks good so far, excellent accuracy but the bolt has a little effort to lift it, can I try dropping 3 tenths of a grain, so the bolt will be easier to lift and not lose accuracy, made the load .010 longer from contact on the lands

Chet
ps what is an estimated velocity 27" of rifling with an 8 twist

Back