6BR brass

Big Dave

Due to health issues, I haven't shot from the bench in an extremely long time. Way back when, I built two 6BR and one 22BR guns. The 6mm Norma brass will not chamber. I have full length resized it, several times, but no luck. is there any 6BR Rem brass available anywhere, or do I need to buy a 6br Norma reamer? Thanks for any input

You probably need to trim about 50 thou off your cases as you probably have the chamber with the shorter neck.

Not to start a pissing match

Due to health issues, I haven't shot from the bench in an extremely long time. Way back when, I built two 6BR and one 22BR guns. The 6mm Norma brass will not chamber. I have full length resized it, several times, but no luck. is there any 6BR Rem brass available anywhere, or do I need to buy a 6br Norma reamer? Thanks for any input

But the 6BR Norma and the 6BR Remington are just enough different to cause the problem you are describing. The Norma is larger at the web, across the board.
If we were speaking about my rifles, I would order a new set of reamers, 6mm and 22, in Norma specs
David

David is correct. Lapua even went one step further and increased the web diameter even more, which is why the head stamp is “6BR Norma Lapua”. Much of this is due to the avoidance of patent infringement when Lapua decided to produce their 6BR brass.

It is a simple matter of running a reamer designed for the Lapua Case into your chamber.

What kind of barrels are these?

Everything said is true so far. I would try one trimmed down to 1.520 and see if that fixes the problem. I have a 22 br and it chambers the new brass fine if you full lentth size it and trim it to the 1.520 length. Some were even made with 1.5 in length.

Well, I may have 300+ rounds of original 6mmbr Remington brass if somebody needs some. It will need the flash holes drilled.

david is correct. Lapua even went one step further and increased the web diameter even more, which is why the head stamp is “6br norma lapua”. Much of this is due to the avoidance of patent infringement when lapua decided to produce their 6br brass.

It is a simple matter of running a reamer designed for the lapua case into your chamber.

What kind of barrels are these?
you can rent reamers

Back