6 mm br improved

I talked with a noted 1000 yard shooter today.i must say that this 6 mm improved might shoot along side a ppc from the groups he showed me.i am under the impression that if a gun can shoot in the 0s and agg in the 1s you will win the matchs or place high in the standings.am I right on this point.
gary b

I talked with a noted 1000 yard shooter today.i must say that this 6 mm improved might shoot along side a ppc from the groups he showed me.i am under the impression that if a gun can shoot in the 0s and agg in the 1s you will win the matchs or place high in the standings.am I right on this point.
gary b

Did he show you any of the larger groups he had shot.?

You are correct, any combination that will Agg at a sub .200 level is capable of winning. But keep in mind, at any typical 100-200 match, 75 % of the Rifles on the line are not capable of that. And the vast majority are 6PPC's.

I would say this. 1 1-8 twist 6BR has the same chance of winning a Registered 100-200 Group Match as. 1-13.5 twist 6PPC has of winning at 600+ yards.

Two different combinations for two different applications.

Last edited:
Really, Funny it agged. .0892 for 5 groups in a row @100 yds and i'm sure it will do well at 300 and on out. Jim

.0892????

I usually stay out of these types of conversations but a quick glance at the IBS records shows a .1364 as the smallest recorded agg of all time. Shot by Bill Symons in 2010.

If that rifle is capable of shooting .0892 please bring it to Kelblys in may. I would love to be able to say I witnessed history.

AS

My o my, i had a Dasher do as good or better, it set a bunch of records at 1000. The Improved flat shoots. I pulled the Brux barrel and replaced it with a new Kreiger and the break in and finding a load the next three were in the zeros .069 was the last. need to wait till the snow and leaves to do more. The gun weighs 13.5 with the Valdada on it. I'm using Barts 103's at 2974 fps...... I may shoot a little 2 and 300 yd. score with it..... jim

Last edited:
Again .0892

Well I certainly can't speak for Bart but I feel safe in saying he would certainly appreciate the accolades that would come from being associated with such an achievement. Not that he needs it!!!!!!

See you at Kelblys????

AS

No, I'm basically done, but when i see that it takes a sub .2 gun to agg. good at short range a long range can agg. .2 to .3 moa. at 1000. Sight is going, so i just have fun but the imp. is the best and easiest to make shoot i've seen. It says in tune and pre loaded and 30 degree temp. change it shoots the same, and throat advancement is minimal ....... jim

No, I'm basically done, but when i see that it takes a sub .2 gun to agg. good at short range a long range can agg. .2 to .3 moa. at 1000. Sight is going, so i just have fun but the imp. is the best and easiest to make shoot i've seen. It says in tune and pre loaded and 30 degree temp. change it shoots the same, and throat advancement is minimal ....... jim

I agree with Andy. Just go to a Registered Match and do it.

For those of us who compete on a regular basis, the results would be enlightening.

It doesn't have to be the Super Shoot.

Jackie, It would be nice if i could, but i would like to make a score match with it. I don't have anything to prove any more......... jim

nothing to prove? other than the ability to shoot a .0892 agg. which beats all records by a long shot, Hog roast is close to you I'll even pay your entry fee...

It sounds like some of the barber shop shooting down here in the south. It seems that everyone has a rifle that will shoot less than a quarter of an inch at 200 yards or better if they do their part. If they don't own the rifle, they have a buddy that does. The only problem that I see is that they NEVER show up at the matches....where each record shot is measured. I know that this horse has been beaten to death, but those of us who compete on a regular basis are very tired of this flap trap. Good shooting...James

It sounds like some of the barber shop shooting down here in the south. It seems that everyone has a rifle that will shoot less than a quarter of an inch at 200 yards or better if they do their part. If they don't own the rifle, they have a buddy that does. The only problem that I see is that they NEVER show up at the matches....where each record shot is measured. I know that this horse has been beaten to death, but those of us who compete on a regular basis are very tired of this flap trap. Good shooting...James

+1

Rick

Yes sir james, it is like some one writing a review on a Valdada scope with the wrong rings on the bat action. Multi flat rings sitting on an octagon action adds to accuracy........ You that compete on a regular basis and don't know enough to put the right ring and tell everybody how well it does. give me a break....... jim

nothing to prove? other than the ability to shoot a .0892 agg. which beats all records by a long shot, Hog roast is close to you I'll even pay your entry fee...[/QUOTE

George, maybe i'll pay your entry fee to a 600 at White horse and we will see how good you will agg.. Shine you PPC. up real good and you can't see the bullet holes ....... lol... jim

I usually stay out of these types of conversations but a quick glance at the IBS records shows a .1364 as the smallest recorded agg of all time. Shot by Bill Symons in 2010.

If that rifle is capable of shooting .0892 please bring it to Kelblys in may. I would love to be able to say I witnessed history.

AS

You want witness history you should have been at Va.1000 I shot the smallest agg. in history 2.83" for 4 targets and a score of 200 ......... jim

I would like to some more shooting, but spent 6 hours with a surgeon trying to save the sight in my last good eye.......... jim

You want witness history you should have been at Va.1000 I shot the smallest agg. in history 2.83" for 4 targets and a score of 200 ......... jim

That's a .2830 agg at 100. At the Super Shoot that will get you about 50th place.........Oh, and we shoot 5 targets. But I will admit, at 1000 yards that is impressive.

I would like to some more shooting, but spent 6 hours with a surgeon trying to save the sight in my last good eye.......... jim

Jim all BS aside about the who cares small aggs that a rifle will or will not shoot, I truly hope that the eyesight thing works out for you. I'd rather loose an arm. leg, hearing, anything but my eyesight.

Jim all BS aside about the who cares small aggs that a rifle will or will not shoot, I truly hope that the eyesight thing works out for you. I'd rather loose an arm. leg, hearing, anything but my eyesight.

I almost lost my lunch when he told me the doctor had the eye OUT of its socket.

Also, OP, I am working with the 6BR Imp. I have only gotten to spend a small amount of time with it due to weather, but can say that it is a dream the make cases for.

Back