52 winchesters

Pete: As Brian says there is absolutely nothing wrong with the MicroMotion trigger. It was designed for 3 pound pull, as that was the minimum requirement for triggers in competition back then. When the 3 pound rule was relaxed, that is when shooters started to demand a lighter trigger pull. Mr Kenyon, among others came up with modifications to serve that demand. I have a factory trigger that works exceedingly well at 3 ounces in warm weather. The pivot point has not been moved on mine, but when the temp drops below about 55 one needs to readjust the sear catch a bit, then back again when it warms up. My Kenyon triggers need no such adjustment due to temperature swings.

Brian it is my understanding that Karl was a Winchester employee during and perhaps immediately after WWII. That would put him away from Winchester when the MicroMotion trigger was introduced if I understand things properly.

I'll ask him the next time I call.

Watching it snow hard here; 12 inches on the ground and much more yet to come. Sure is pretty. Think I'll put the wind flags out and shoot a bit. bob finger

Not a 52 but here's what Karl's older style post blade looks like. His newer version was tubular rather than solid. I luckily had a number of Karl's old style post blades, I prefer these over any of the others. This is my Morgan and its probably the last Morgan trigger Karl made.

Attachments

• HPIM0034.jpg
    HPIM0034.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 324
Years ago

I bought a 52C that was quite rough but I thought the trigger on it was pretty good. the trigger appeared to be the origional. I adjusted it down quite lite but did not measure it. That old rifle shot pretty well but was not up to BR duty. The 40X in Benchrest trim came next.

Last edited:
C, d, & e

All use the same housing, and KK could make them all work. So could several other smiths. Nothing new to buy.

Back