2009 Tomball Club Match Schedule and Class Rules.

I will

Joe, I gave Nick some N120, and about 70 112 BIB's. he said it still did the same thing.

I figure the N120 would be perfect for the 30 Grendel. It is a tad slow for the 30PPC, (WORKS GREAT IN HOT WEATHER). Since the Grendel has a little more capacity, it would seem to be ideal.

Also, if a barrel won't shoot Randy's Bullets, I could fall out of love with it pretty quick.

If I have a Rifle that will not shoot a combination that I know works, then I usually start looking else where. Of course, the barrel is the usual supect, but it could also be a fire controle problem.

That Rifle that Nick screwed the 30 barrel on shot excellent with a 6PPC Barrel, so you would think that every thing is fine with the basic platform.

Sometimes these little gremlins can make you want to take up bowling........jackie

I Don't Know

What pixie dust Larry Feusse uses in his 30GR. I shot next to him when he fired the new range record at Harrison last year, the gun (plus shooter) was awesome!!!!! He does have a tuner on his rifle and some good data to set it with.;)

Interesting. The .30 Walker as I call it (we are not supposed to call them Grendels), that I finished up early last year, is shooting really well. Thanks again for the help Jackie!!!!

I sure wish I could come out to the matches, as these are what I built it for, but I primarily shoot F-Class and these matches are scheduled on the exact same Sundays as the 1k F-class matches at Bayou.

Anyway, using 4198 and the 112 BIBs, she runs at 2950-2970 with no issues, and shoots great. I can get over 3k easy, but it shoots better right where everyone notes, 2950 or so. I followed Jackie's recommendation and had a fireforming barrel made up, a 6.5 with a .330 neck, and the brass blows out perfectly. I tried the necking up, but even from 6.5, I had issues...

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no gremlins with the 30 Major that any other good BR caliber can't have. I'm very happy with all of them that I've shot and have not been made aware of any problems from my customers that are shooting them. If a customer of mine has a problem with the 30 Major or anything else that I build, I encourage them to let me know so that I can make it right with them. There are alot of factors, as we all know, that go into whether a gun is a shooter or not. The cartridge, in this case is not the problem. Of that, I am very sure. Because the 30 Major was expressly mentioned in the post above, I ask that if it is a gun that I built, that I please be given the chance to evaluate the gun. If there is a problem, I will make it right. This is my policy for any of my work, regardless of the caliber. I have shot this cartridge enough now to have a good handle on it. It really doesn't have a down side so far as I can tell. I enjoy working with it and am very pleased to be shooting it and will continue to shoot it. The last place anyone wants to hear about a problem with their product is on a forum such as this. At least before he is given a chance to make it good.---Sincerely, Mike Ezell

MikeII

I have no idea who built it, Nick might have mentioned it, but it didn't register.

I agree, though, there is no reason it should not have the same accuracy potential as the 30PPC or the 30BR, once the correct combination and tune is established.

Heck, we have shooters come on here all the time saying, "I can't get my 6PPC to shoot". I am yet to hear anyone say that there was something inherantly wrong with that chambering..........jackie

Question for Jackie

Jackie, Joe sent me this e-mail to me and I would rather have you address it.

Vic, This gentleman (Wes) wants to come down from the Dallas area and shoot in the match. He has left a phone message for Jackie but has not heard anything back. Do you have any idea how many shooters might show up or if Wes needs to be concerned about not being able to shoot. I believe he will be shooting either factory or modified.

Joe Duke

PS Tomball Gun Club has 25 benches and with 2 relays can accomadate 50 shooters. We usually have about 15 to 20 competitors.

Jackie have been very sick for the last 4 to 5 days and has not answered any e-mail or phone calls.

I'll be there

Jackie,
I am a member at 6mmbr.com and saw the post about this shoot. I heard your email was down, so I called you a few days ago. Also heard you have been sick, so wanted to post here. I'll be coming in from Dallas to shoot. I know it's a long way to go, but I have never been to any type of official shoot, and I wanted to see how it goes. so I figured... might as well join in the activities and pop a few targets (hopefully hitting in the X).

I want to shoot in the factory class next weekend, and want to make sure there is room. There is NO WAY I will be bringing my modified guns to shoot, as I need a good excuse as to why I finished last, and I can ALWAYS blame that on a factory rifle.

Thanks for the opportunity,

WES
www.p1huntclub.com

Alas, won't get the 6PPC complete in time to actually shoot (bullets), but we will be there to shoot (the breeze). The Cobra action is in transit and I have the barrel sitting here. I reckon it's betst to wait till they are together so's that headspace and all can be checked and all. It's gonna be sweet.

cwood3

(P.S. - So what's next? We'll have the 6BR and the 6PPC..........30BR or PPC..??? Gotta have something to think about while in the library)

Cwwod

How bad do you want to shoot?? I am going to meet with Ken Starr, (Tomball Gun Club Board of Director), Sunday Morning and let him give my 30PPC a try. If he feels comfortable with it, he is going to shoot it at the first match. Ken is no stranger to Benchrest, he has been our official scorer and data technitian for years at our Registered Matches.

I have a spare 6PPC HV just sitting in the Gun Case. If you want to shoot it, I will have all of my eqipment with me. I have plenty of bullets, primers, and powder, and cases.. It would take me about 10 minutes to show you how my loading proccess works.

You would have to furnish your own rest and bag, Ken will be using mine..........jackie

That's one heck of an offer. My son is the shooter. I'll bring my rest/bag/etc and we'll see what happens. I'd like to talk to you about the Cobra/Krieger that I have and that may be a good time. I have to be in Kansas this Monday thru Friday morning. But my weekend is reserved for the guns and shootin'. Just got 100 rounds of new Lapua .220 Russian and some 68Gr Bergers today........I also have the 6PPC reamer from Kiff. So many tasks, so little time, but I'm getting there. I need to order up a neck turning tool/expandiron......K&M? Anyways, my son Bryan has the itch pretty bad, and that's a good thing for a 16 yr-old nowadays. As long as he's interested, I'll see to it that he has good tools to work with. Thanks, see ya soon.

cwood3

Oh yea, am I supposed to ground him when he messes with me? Last time out at Carter's he kept shootin' my clothespins that hold the target (so I took my stapler and used clothespins too)....he couldn't figure why the clothespins exploded and the target remained.

Week End Weather Update

Weather update for the Tomball Tx club match this weekend Sun Feb 1 is as follows. Partly cloudy with a highs in the mid 60's and lows in the morning around 44. Not bad for a winter match.. :D

More updates to follow.

weather

Supposed to be freezing rain and sleet here in the hill country tomorrow night. Weather Sunday sounds fine to shoot in. Looking forward to being there.
Joe

Weather Update and Bump

The latest weather update for Sundays match is as follows;

High will be around 63, cloudy, and winds at 8-15 mph and chance
of precepitation after 12. The match should finish by 12.

Back