We Remember

reality check for me.

Dang,

I lost touch over the years, I havent been around much at all since 2009. There are so many of those names that I was able to pick a little from, names that offered a little, names that I bought from and had work performed from. I am grateful for the seed that they all planted. Thanks for this bitter sweet post. I appreciate it.

Micky Connelly 82 DOD 2-3-2022 Micky was a very good shooter and an even better man, I always enjoyed talking with him at the matches. Micky was a salt of the earth guy and I feel fortunate to have been his friend.

Maurice ( Doc ) Bandy, I don't remember the year or Doc's age but he was a great guy! Some of the Richmond Va. area shooters should be able to add some details.

Maurice ( Doc ) Bandy, I don't remember the year or Doc's age but he was a great guy! Some of the Richmond Va. area shooters should be able to add some details.

He was a great guy. I think originally he was from South Boston.VA & a friend of Jeff & Ward Burton (race car drivers in Nascar)

I was talking to some guys at the range yesterday about this post and all the people that we shot with that have passed on and it brought another one to mind. Gilbert Riggins 89, DOD 1-23-2021 Gilbert was a good shooter, but he was a great guy. He would do anything to help a fellow shooter, I know he helped me a lot. Gilbert was a multi-talented guy, he could do anything. The world was a better place with Gilbert in it, he is missed.

Three more

William, "Bill" Smith passed in 2020 @ age 77

Hugh McCombs passed in 2020 @ age 67

Ernest "Ernie" Jenderko passed in 2021 @ age 82

Pete Wass

Vern & Jay & Larry

Vern Carpenter 64 DOD 9-27-06
Jay Sperry 81 DOD 1-16-18
Larry Petry 74 DOD 2014

Br shooter from MN

Last edited:
Back