This is what I have been fooling with while not shooting

jackie schmidt

I'm still just an old hot Rodder.,

'67 Malibu, 540 inch big block, Air Flow Research Heads, Dart Big M block, Hyd Roller Cam, TCI 6x 6- speed Automatic Trans, beefed up 12 bolt rear end with 34 spline axel Eaton Trutrack, Wilwood Disc Brakes all the way around, Hydrateck Hydraboost brake booster, Hotchkis suspension all around, BeCool 32 inch wide Radiator with duel 13 inch Spal Fans.

Nice street car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,000
Last edited:
540 inch Rat,....made 682 HP at 5800 rpm on engine dyno, 702 ft lbs of torque at 4000 rpm. Air Flow Research Heads, Dart Big-M Block, Hydraulic Roller Cam, .675 lift, 234/244 at .050, Holley HP 950 Ultra Carb, Lemons 2 1/8 headers. Nice street engine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 782
Last edited:
I have had this car since 1992, I periodically "reincarnate" it. This last phase included just about everything, I even had it re-block sanded, and then re-painted.

The color is Saphire Blue. It was shot with the latest base coat clear, using the 3-part clear.

When I had my 540 built, I did it with the intention of (possibly) hanging a procharger on it. The cam is on 112 lobe centers, and I kept the compression at just 9.8 to one so I have no hassles burning Unleaded Premium, and if I decide to supercharge it, it's pretty much ready.

I sent Procharger my dyno sheet, and the engine specs, and they said with just 7 lbs of boost, I would be looking at 900+ HP, and about that much torque.

Heck, it ain't nothing but a toy. Why Not?

Here is a picture of the big Holley 950 CFM Carb. It has 92 jets, so you can amagine what type of gas mileage I get.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15679&stc=1&d=1419264308

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 919
Last edited:
I have had this car since 1992, I periodically "reincarnate" it. This last phase included just about everything, I even had it re-block sanded, and then re-painted.

The color is Saphire Blue. It was shot with the latest base coat clear, using the 3-part clear.

When I had my 540 built, I did it with the intention of (possibly) hanging a procharger on it. The cam is on 112 lobe centers, and I kept the compression at just 9.8 to one so I have no hassles burning Unleaded Premium, and if I decide to supercharge it, it's pretty much ready.

I sent Procharger my dyno sheet, and the engine specs, and they said with just 7 lbs of boost, I would be looking at 900+ HP, and about that much torque.

Heck, it ain't nothing but a toy. Why Not?

Here is a picture of the big Holley 950 CFM Carb. It has 92 jets, so you can amagine what type of gas mileage I get.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15679&stc=1&d=1419264308

Ya but can the refueling truck keep up or do you just have to wait for it?

Wicked looking '67 Jackie....and those 540's build a ton or torque. I have one in my '64 Chevy II.

Mine isn't quite 'street' though with 14.5:1 compression. It'll go mid-8's with a little help from a 250 shot. The chassis is all tube and it houses a 9" Ford (spooled 4.86s).

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Cars (hot rods/street rods/collector cars, etc) as a hobby can get VERY expensive. Another way to look at it is ...You can sleep in your car but can't drive your "house" to the store. :cool:

Cars (hot rods/street rods/collector cars, etc) as a hobby can get VERY expensive. Another way to look at it is ...You can sleep in your car but can't drive your "house" to the store. :cool:

Every time my Wife asked me why I want to "do something" to my car, my answer is........."because".

But then, after 45 years of marriage, she already knew the answer.

BB Chevy

Yep, know about the fuel mileage running a big Holley on a BB Chevy from personal experience! A shooting buddy, who ran a fleet of Chevy trucks for a time in the 1970's once told me, "If GM hadn't invented the BB Chevy engine we never would have had the first energy crisis"! Vic

Last edited:
540 inch Rat,....made 682 HP at 5800 rpm on engine dyno, 702 ft lbs of torque at 4000 rpm. Air Flow Research Heads, Dart Big-M Block, Hydraulic Roller Cam, .675 lift, 234/244 at .050, Holley HP 950 Ultra Carb, Lemons 2 1/8 headers. Nice street engine.

Jackie,
What brand of valve covers are those? I like the clean finned look.

Thanks,
Keith

Back