This is what I have been fooling with while not shooting

Hi Guys! I love this thread, and thought I'd add my '88 Cutlass. I wanted a "clean" look, with a little more oompf under the hood. Said oomph is provided by a 10.25 to 1 455 with the usual goodies added. I won't be challenging Jackie at the track :cool:, but it runs 12.02 at 113.xx on drag radials, and is a lot of fun on the street.
You guys sure have some sweet cars!

My 1966 chevy c10.540 ci, did the paint, body work and built the motor.

That is a nice truck.I like the color combo. Looks like you know your way around a paint booth.

That is one thing I avoid. When people ask me if I did the body work and paint on my Malibu, I tell them, "if I did it, it would look like I did it:D

My son is the paint man, he taught me a lot. Some redo's in that paint, but I made my mind up that I was going to do it my self.!! That paint combo is hard because with the Matt clear coat ,you can't cut and buff your mistake's. If you sand the matt clear,it starts to shine,so if you catch a bug,or drip ,sand it all out and start over.!! Thanks for the kind comments.!!

Jackie I know nothing

about old cars,restoration, hot rods, engines, supension etc.....

What I do know is a grew up in a Ford family and love my Fords. When it comes to old cars/trucks there are few that catch my eye. The old Camaro's, Nova's, or Vette's do not even. Your Malibu, love the looks of it and the Mid 80's Cutlass's. The family car that my Dad had in the mid 70's was a 74 Gran Torino with a 351. Loved riding in that car. Would love to see one done up.

I am more of a modern day car person. My choice would be the CTS or a new Ford Mustang.

I will just enjoy the pics and stories that you guys share.

This is one old car i would love to own...... I just love it. It is owned by family friends of my parents. Cecil had many T's and A's......

Attachments

• Model A.jpg
    Model A.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 214
Mean looking Cadillac. Imagine, 700 hp and you can run errands at Home Depot with it. Does it do pretty well putting it all to the ground?

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Not really. The tires he has on it now are BFGOODRICH G-Force Rival 285/85r20's, Z rated. They are pretty darned sticky, but when you unload that kind of power, (that supercharger puts the torque way down in the power band,) it's pretty hairy.

If I mount my MT Dot's, (275/60x15), I can actually take him on a good concrete street for about 1/8 mile. Then that thing starts making HP and it's lights out.

He took it to the track in October, and only hit an 11.40 because of traction problems. But, the MPH was 132 and change!!If it hooked at all, with maybe a 1.50 60 ft, it's a mid 10 second car. And, cruising off boost, the darn thing will probably get 20 mpg.:cool:

Because of that mph, they told him to park it.

It's a different kind of car than my "toy" . And it's ain't cheap. A CTS-V will set you back $70,000, and the Lingenfelter package runs about $28,000. You send them the car, they send it back ready to go.

How's this for a picture. I call it "American Muscle separated by 47 years"
http://www.badasscars.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=78/prd78.htm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

I love your 66. That was my last street rod. Mine was painted Porsche raspberry. I was a 460 big block with a 400R4 and later model leaf spring rear suspension, and late model disc brake front suspension. Sachse Rod Shop did the interior. It had tilt, cruise, and A/C. I wish I had it back, but it became the down payment on a Lexus that my wife wanted.

posting these pics for Steve Murphy. hopefully he can comment on these later.

11 sec VW.

Super Comp rail. naturally aspirated big block.

7.65 @ 199.

cart racing.

Last edited:
You all really have some beautiful rides. That '66 Chevy couldn't have a better stance and the Cutlass is as clean as it gets.

Here's my other toy for those that like the really old stuff. It's a '33 Ford, albeit a glass body. The motor is a 0.060" over 401 Buick in front of a BW Super T-10:

It runs straight pipes and no baffles so the neighbors love it.

The engine dyno'd 407 hp and 515 ft/lbs on torque. Not jaw dropping power but when you stick it in 2,330 pounds of curb weight it flies.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Last edited:
I love the color on the 33.!!! Lol The white walls are perfect for that hot rod.!! Their are some VERY nice hotrods in this forum.:cool:

Pssssst

Guys all this hot rod hardware and sophisticated automotive technology is great and I'm very impressed but I have one question. :eek: When are one of you gearheads gonna' tell Jackie that his car is not a '67 Malibu? :eek:

Huh! :(

No, the car pictured is a '67 Chevelle SS 396. I know because that was the first brand new car I ever owned. :p

Gene, it is just a Malibu, not a Super Sport. It was born with a 2 barrel 283 and a powerglide.
Of course, it's the same basic car as a SS, in being it is a Chevelle. But in '66, '67, and '68, the Super Sport was it's own model, identified by the 1st three numbers in the VIN being 138. The Malibu had a VIN with the 1st three letters being 136.

The Super Sport models had that name on the rear quarters. Here is a good example of a true '67 Super Sport.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archive/Event/Item/1967-CHEVROLET-CHEVELLE-SS-396-2-DOOR-COUPE-75259

Here is a Malibu.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Arch...EVROLET-CHEVELLE-MALIBU-2-DOOR-HARDTOP-117833

You are correct, all Super Sport models came with a Big Block 396, a 12 bolt rear end, and some other performance upgrades. Chevelle was the base model, Malibu was the upgrade from that, and Super Sport was the high performance model. You could not order a "Malibu" with a big block.

Those three years are the only years where the SS was it's own model. In '64, '65, 69, '70,'71, and '72, the designation SS was simply a trim package that you ordered and had nothing to do with what we recognize as "performance",

Of course, my Chevelle is a total custom restoration. None of the major components are original, , including engine, transmission, rear end, all suspension parts, brakes, steering, cooling system, and so on. The sheet metal is all originol, (minus the SS hood), and basic parts, but overall, it is a Malibu in name only.

Last edited:
Gene, it is just a Malibu, not a Super Sport. It was born with a 2 barrel 283 and a powerglide.
Of course, it's the same basic car as a SS, in being it is a Chevelle. But in '66, '67, and '68, the Super Sport was it's own model, identified by the 1st three numbers in the VIN being 138. The Malibu had a VIN with the 1st three letters being 136.

The Super Sport models had that name on the rear quarters. Here is a good example of a true '67 Super Sport.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archive/Event/Item/1967-CHEVROLET-CHEVELLE-SS-396-2-DOOR-COUPE-75259

Here is a Malibu.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Arch...EVROLET-CHEVELLE-MALIBU-2-DOOR-HARDTOP-117833

You are correct, all Super Sport models came with a Big Block 396, a 12 bolt rear end, and some other performance upgrades. Chevelle was the base model, Malibu was the upgrade from that, and Super Sport was the high performance model. You could not order a "Malibu" with a big block.

Those three years are the only years where the SS was it's own model. In '64, '65, 69, '70,'71, and '72, the designation SS was simply a trim package that you ordered and had nothing to do with what we recognize as "performance",

Of course, my Chevelle is a total custom restoration. None of the major components are original, , including engine, transmission, rear end, all suspension parts, brakes, steering, cooling system, and so on. The sheet metal is all originol, (minus the SS hood), and basic parts, but overall, it is a Malibu in name only.

Thank you Jackie, that sets me straight. :eek: Wow, I can't believe you have all that information on the tip of your tongue. You know what I was thinking? When I saw the word 'Malibu' I was thinking of the Monte Carlo, and I know better than that. Now that you mention it, a '65 Malibu was the first car I owned after returning from my hitch in the Army. I'm sorry, I knew I should have kept my mouth shut. Questioning you about a Chevrolet makes about as much sense as asking if the Pope is Catholic.

Hope to see you around in '15.

Happy New Year

Gene Beggs

29 Model A

My best friend and I have worked on this car since 1967. Started as a hot rod, and was the fastest car in town for a long time. Now, it's an air conditioned cruiser...and still plenty fast!
Bryan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 218
Back