Probes

if you relly want to learn set ther daisy right in front of you and watch it change directionand angles its all ijn the tail and ribbon the daisy is only the direction finder.and dont use the tail that floats.
Do you fined the daisy run on after the wind stops

Chris I use Scotch Tape and then turn the sock inside out so the seam is on the inside. I typically go about a row and half wide so when I cut through the tape to remove the waste side. I still have one full strip width of tape holding the seam. The 6 inch embroidery hoops are from Hobby Lobby or a local fabric store and are self clamping to hold the sock. The fiberglass electrical wide pull rods are from Harbor Freight and come in a tube of 10 each. The male end is cut off and the female end I just run an 8-32 tap into the existing metric threads and then use a 8-32 plastic headed screw. The fiberglass rod is a perfect fit into a Cloroplast cell of which I get at local sign shop to make the wind vanes out of. A 2ft X 2ft sheet as typically used for a front yard election sign
will make me four each. Here they are only 2 dollars each and I have the sign shop laminate the two different florescent vinyl colors I chose to each side for a few dollars more. So it takes two of the fiberglass rods for each wind vane. One on the front end to mount to the pivot on the flag stand and one on the opposite end to mount the sock to. The attachment screw for the hoop goes through the opening where the outside ring of the hoop comes to together for tightening around the inner hoop and the sock and it also a perfect fit. I hope that is help full and if you have any questions please ask. The pivots I make out of 1/2 Delrin with one end tapped 1-20 for the flag stand and the other drilled and reamed for the upper half with the brass bearing pin.The upper half having the 1/4 brass pointed pin pressed in with a through hole just down from the top to attach the wind vane to the counter balance weight using a piece of 8-32 threaded rod cut to the proper length.
These are the flag stands that I got from Amazon and I have been using them for several years now and they have served extremely well.

https://www.amazon.com/Photography-...and&qid=1626968496&smid=A2IXKAD5ED4Q12&sr=8-6
Yes good instructions Louis I will be using the pivot that I found to be best for me It consist of 1.5 mm spring steel pin that runs in a 1.5 mm brass tube The pin sits on two 1.5 mm steel balls in the tube The pin is very strong and will not bend I will get back soon

No one knows it all Accept you OR are you just old bag wind :)

Billy is getting older now, not the best typing but I can assure you, this guy forgot more than you’re likely to acquire the rest of your days.
Remember the Swindlehurst ? He did about 1/2 the design.
Kow why most sanctioning bodies require factory loaded lead bullets, mostly because somebody was moving fast to make jacketed benchrest grade bullets to load in rimfire? That was him as well.
He did a ton, way back when lots of RFBR was actually group shooting.

Billy is getting older now, not the best typing but I can assure you, this guy forgot more than you’re likely to acquire the rest of your days.
Remember the Swindlehurst ? He did about 1/2 the design.
Kow why most sanctioning bodies require factory loaded lead bullets, mostly because somebody was moving fast to make jacketed benchrest grade bullets to load in rimfire? That was him as well.
He did a ton, way back when lots of RFBR was actually group shooting.
Tim I can under stand what you are saying
t
But over the years it taken to do it He lost some thing
His respect for a lot of
new people coming in to this wondaful sport

Tim at his age he should be try to help people if he can not criticize them

t
His respect for a lot of

tim thanks for telling the truth nothing i SAID CRITIZED ANYONE IT TOLD THEM WHAT IF THEY TOOK OTHERWISE THEY NEED HELP UPSTAIR5S.

t
His respect for a lot of

Of course the other side of that coin is that, often, guys come on forums for agreement, not information.
FWIW, there is nothing complicated about good flags.
What works….works well.
Understand, far be it for me to say don’t experiment, but among the potential errors you make is not settling on one system and learning what it tells you, the single reason you want a good set and stick with them and likely the reason good ones are popular and widely used.

tim thanks for telling the truth nothing i said critized anyone it told them what if they took otherwise they need help upstair5s.
tim in all yrs i have talked with you i mat have for gotten to tell i 3was the one whodrsigled t6he daisy ind flaig and sold them for 10 dollars a pie4ce all over te world by the help o f waley hartin 1973.

It is not always about what you use but how well you can use what you have and what actually works best for you. Daisy wheels do have their place for some of you but just not for myself. My own personal accomplishments have been well beyond being plentiful but those accomplishment are also very private and I don't shoot to compete against anyone else. God gave me a very precious gift and I have used it to my fullest ability to be able to put a smile on his face. And I could never thank him enough for giving me a gift to do be able to what it is that I have really enjoyed in own life. And in being able to help others new to my own competitive shooting sport to be able succeed in the shortest time possible.

It is not always about what you use but how well you can use what you have and what actually works best for you. Daisy wheels do have their place for some of you but just not for myself. My own personal accomplishments have been well beyond being plentiful but those accomplishment are also very private and I don't shoot to compete against anyone else. God gave me a very precious gift and I have used it to my fullest ability to be able to put a smile on his face. And I could never thank him enough for giving me a gift to do be able to what it is that I have really enjoyed in own life. And in being able to help others new to my own competitive shooting sport to be able succeed in the shortest time possible.
Louis I like the way you think Its a shame
The man dose not think the same way He will take what he dose know with him

Back