My new hunting rifle!! photos

Butch Lambert

I am very proud of my new hunting rifle built by David Christman. David is a ACGG member that James Mock wrote an article on in Precision Shooting a while back. I am very happy that I followed James advice to use David. I do all of my own BR rifles and beater hunting rifles, but wanted to treat myself with something that a true artist can build.
It started as a Mexican small ring Mauser. David welded and machined double square bridges for the scope rings, which are Talley quick disconnect. He welded on a Jerome Glimm bolt handle, checkered the bolt release, and installed an Ed Lapour 3 position safety. The trigger is a Blackburn as is the bottom metal. The half octagon barrel is a Shilen CM and has a NECG banded front ramp sight. David crafted an island rear iron sight. The english walnut came from Roger Vardy in Australia. He has trees dating back to the days that the prisoners and bad guys were exiled there. David's stockwork and checkering is just fantastic. His mentor was Maurice Ottmar, who was one of the masters.
It is a 275 Rigby or also known as a 7X57.
DSCF0035.jpg

Butch

Awwwwwwwwwww....c'mon Butch,a couple more pictures of that lovely rifle would be great.

Regards Chris.

Hey Dusty,
My wife is in Calif. and I haven't checked the caller ID. I will be here until 10AM in the morning. This is another pic. I wish I knew how to post more than one photo per post.
DSCF0029.jpg

well if you ever get bored with that I sure would like to have it. I've always wanted a gun that has that much work and skill in it. :cool:

Butch, Very nice good looking and no doubt a real proud addition to your collection. Enjoy.

Butch

A very nice Christmas present. You must have been very good this year.
I think I'll try putting a custom rifle on my list next year. :)

Thanks for sharing. I never tire of looking at fine craftsmanship and good wood. Enjoy your new rifle.

Hal

OOOH BabyOOHHBabyOOHHHHH!!!

24lpi, NO cheater edges..... nicely marbled fiddleback......a REAL forend tip......inlaid cap....... checkered panels on the bolt hannle.....and THAT'S JUST THE PARTS YOU HANG ONTO while you look at it!!!

NICEly done Butch, good to see folks still commissioning real work, Olde School.

Good On Ya's BOTH :)

al

Very Nice Butch..

As usual I expected no less: Exqusite!

Looks like something your grandsons can fight over.

Looks like Christmas in Poetry TX is going to be pretty nice.

Nat

You're not gonna really hunt with it, are you?:eek: Exquisite!!!

Too nice for me to hunt with....I look at pretty wood and it gets all dinked up.

Very Nice!!

pf
<><

Thanks guys. I have been told until it has been hunted, it ain't no good. It may stay no good.
Butch

I never heard that one Butch, but a guy did tell me once that owning a fine rifle and never having even 'shot' it is like marrying a pretty bride & never taking her on the honeymoon:)

pf
<><

Back