Mac McMillians' LV .009 World Record Is Under Assualt

333smitty

Tomball Gun Club
This past weekend at S/P L/V Gulf Coast Regionals held in Denton, Texas Mike Stinnett shot a potential
LV 5-shot world record...

This potential world record was shot with Mikes 10 1/2lb 30PPC in the afternoon on the fourth target in difficult conditions.

All the proper NBSRA protocall was adhered to and targets will be submitted to Gene Bukys and the record comittee with in the next week or so to see if this group will hold up to the scoring committees scrutiny.

Maybe Mike,Ralph or David can get us the equipment list and give a more detailed rundown of the potential record event.

Good Luck Mike...

V

Last edited:
Record Group

4. The Chairman checks the targets, counts the holes in the backer, makes sure all targets and backers are signed by two Match Officials, checks the information on the card. If everything is acceptable, he covers up the range scores, measures the targets records the scores, assigns a number to each target and then sends the target or targets, with the proper forms to the first Member of the Measuring Committee. If there is a problem with a backer or backers, he sends them with the targets.

As this is the procedure, why broadcast the range measurement on BR Central? The three committee members now know the range measurement. Covering-up the range score is now a mute point.

4. The Chairman checks the targets, counts the holes in the backer, makes sure all targets and backers are signed by two Match Officials, checks the information on the card. If everything is acceptable, he covers up the range scores, measures the targets records the scores, assigns a number to each target and then sends the target or targets, with the proper forms to the first Member of the Measuring Committee. If there is a problem with a backer or backers, he sends them with the targets.

As this is the procedure, why broadcast the range measurement on BR Central? The three committee members now know the range measurement. Covering-up the range score is now a mute point.

These committee members are all very distinguished members of The NBRSA? They are very diligent in their role in this process.

If it is a record, they will insure that very fact.......jackie

The original post merely states that the record is .009" ... it does not even mention what the potential new record might be. No harm, no foul. Feel the Peace. Good luck to Mike ...

Sorry

I was not clear. I was referring to the post of 6-8-13 as follows:

Small group Michael Stinnett 30 BR .011 ( this group is a potential world record)

How it is done.

Randy here is the Equipment. He shoots a 30 ppc, 4198. BIB bullets Speedy blue printed Panda, jewell trigger, Larson Stock Leo Scope, Farley rest, krieger barrel. I have seen him shoot many groups in practice too small to measure. This one was so tiny it will have to be carefully measured to get anything. I am sure the measurement committee will do a fine job measuring the group and we will all see how it goes.

A few facts for your thinking, he shot it as follows, he caught a jumper on his first shot, then verfied on the sighter, then held off the next 4. We all know the record is nearly impossible to beat but this group has a good chance.

A couple of other items, Mike was the match director, with just one good fellow to help, walking back and forth then setting down and shooting. If you know Mike you will be pulling for him he is a great guy,he tryed hard to make everyone have a good time and shot one of the best groups ever shot in a registered match. Then worked hard all the rest of the weekend to finish the job on the match.

Good man,

Stewart

Record Group Picture

Awesome group..congrats. Hope to see a pic soon.

Hovis

Kevin,

Charles Huckeba (match referee) said that he does not want any pictures released until the NBRSA record committee members get a chance to measure it.

After the process is finished pictures will be posted on Benchrest.com.....

V

Kicking around somewhere in what I use for a memory is one that says a new record has to improve on a old one by at least .009 in order to qualify.

Maybe that's just a false/bad memory about the rules? If not, of course there can't ever be any breaking of McMillan's record.

BTW glad to see the .30 PPC shoot so well, & with Randy's bullets to boot. I gotta try 4198 -- been using N120.

Now if I could only find my seating die...

Kicking around somewhere in what I use for a memory is one that says a new record has to improve on a old one by at least .009 in order to qualify.

Maybe that's just a false/bad memory about the rules? If not, of course there can't ever be any breaking of McMillan's record.

BTW glad to see the .30 PPC shoot so well, & with Randy's bullets to boot. I gotta try 4198 -- been using N120.

Charles your seating die might be easier to find than some 4198 to buy.........I hear there is a shortage of reloading supplies in the US:D:D.....I see a 8lbjug of H4198 sold for over $700 on Gunbroker.........Ian

Last edited:

Charles,
I think you are correct.

NBRSA Rule 14 section c

(c) The Regional Director measures the target/s, checks the
backer/s, and if the measurement is close, within .009 inch,
sends the target/s, backer/s, 1 copy of the registration card,
and an NBRSA World Record Submission Form properly filled
out, to the Chairman of the Measurement Committee. The
Regional Director will retain one copy of the registration card
for regional file. If the measurement is not close, the Director
will return the target/s, backer/s and the 2 copies of the
registration card to the Competitor.

NBRSA Rule 14 section i

(i) The Business Manager will then send the Competitor a
World Record Certificate, and the Editor will list the
Competitor’s name and his/her World Record statistics in an
upcoming issue of the NBRSA magazine.
Any range-measured target or aggregate that is measured
smaller than or up to .009” larger than the existing World
Record can be submitted to the Records Committee for
measurement for a possible World Record with no monetary
charge to that competitor.
NBRSA will recognize meters as a course of fire and for
records for the European Region only.

NBRSA Rule 14 section c

(c) The Regional Director measures the target/s, checks the
backer/s, and if the measurement is close, within .009 inch,
sends the target/s, backer/s, 1 copy of the registration card,
and an NBRSA World Record Submission Form properly filled
out, to the Chairman of the Measurement Committee. The
Regional Director will retain one copy of the registration card
for regional file. If the measurement is not close, the Director
will return the target/s, backer/s and the 2 copies of the
registration card to the Competitor.

NBRSA Rule 14 section i

(i) The Business Manager will then send the Competitor a
World Record Certificate, and the Editor will list the
Competitor’s name and his/her World Record statistics in an
upcoming issue of the NBRSA magazine.
Any range-measured target or aggregate that is measured
smaller than or up to .009” larger than the existing World
Record can be submitted to the Records Committee for
measurement for a possible World Record with no monetary
charge to that competitor.
NBRSA will recognize meters as a course of fire and for
records for the European Region only.

So this means that even if it is a .0000 it will not be a new record?

Record

If it measures .009 OVER the record, it deserves scrutiny by others........if it measures .001 UNDER the existing record, by the committee, it is indeed the new record.
BA

Back