Heavy sand?

Boyd,

How can I say this without hurting anyone's feelings...

Benchresters are like 10,000 battered women! They just won't listen!

Example: The Shamrock LV 100 I came in 3rd. We have about 6 guys shooting the same reamer, bullets and powder! Seating depth and load should be a no brainer. At lunch we had a meeting and everyone wants to know what load I was shooting. I told them 29.4.

We shot the HV 100 that afternoon. Throughout the day they asked, "what load are you shooting?" I told them 29.4! I came in second in the HV 100. That evening I asked, "What load did you shoot?" They said 28.9! Did you try 29.4? No, I think that's too hot for my gun! Well OK THEN!

See what I'm saying here! They just don't listen! Most of the time they don't even try!

If someone is shooting great aggs from of a couple bricks with a gun that's Super Slick more power to them! They are an exceptional shooter. I just shared what has worked for me and those that I have coached.

However, with the Aggs that are needed to win TODAY! I'd recommend a slightly softer front and rear bag. Try some tension on your front bag. You never can tell! It might help!

As for my setup, I have no problems with how the gun tracks and returns to target. I certainly don't have a problem with the teen aggs and winning!

So folks you might give it a try! There could be something to it! Or there might not! But you should probably at least give it a try, before you make the decision it doesn't work.

Just Sayin'

Bart Sauter

Bart
With a lot of people seeming to go the cordura way. That is about all i can find for my farley front rest
Who is making the soft leather front bags? I had noticed your front bag last couple matches and wondered about it. There's always so much going on at a match I hate to ask a bunch of questions

Thanks
Tim

Bart,
Don't misunderstand my previous post. You can bet I am going to try a leather front bag. As far as slick goes, I have slicked up my setup on occasion, and not found much to recommend it. Before I posted the link to the magazine that has your article, I reread it, and there is definitely a leather front bag in my future. The only question is which one. I already have a couple of leather eared rear bags. On the side tension thing, I have used Sailkote on Cordura (not likely to on leather) and you can put a bunch of side tension on with that, before any noticeable braking takes place. How are those .30s checking out?
Boyd

Bart
With a lot of people seeming to go the cordura way. That is about all i can find for my farley front rest
Who is making the soft leather front bags? I had noticed your front bag last couple matches and wondered about it. There's always so much going on at a match I hate to ask a bunch of questions

Thanks
Tim

Tim,

Don't be shy around us! Cmon over and pull up a chair! My front bag is an Edgewood. Bruno carrys them! The next best thing is a protector leather bag.

Bart,
Don't misunderstand my previous post. You can bet I am going to try a leather front bag. As far as slick goes, I have slicked up my setup on occasion, and not found much to recommend it. Before I posted the link to the magazine that has your article, I reread it, and there is definitely a leather front bag in my future. The only question is which one. I already have a couple of leather eared rear bags. On the side tension thing, I have used Sailkote on Cordura (not likely to on leather) and you can put a bunch of side tension on with that, before any noticeable braking takes place. How are those .30s checking out?
Boyd

Boyd

No problem at all! I use and Edgewood front and rear bag. Bruno carrys them. A protector front and rear leather bag is the next best thing.

As for the 30 cals
Confucius says, "Never test bullets with a bad scope!" We were shooting my buddy Charlie Stienus ' gun. I was getting shots that were contrary to where the flags said the bullet should go. Put on one of my scopes and shot several groups in the .080s and .150s (3 shot groups). The biggest group was a .220 and that was tuning for a different bullet. The last thing we did was put the suspect bad scope on a hood scope checker. The first shot the scope moved a 1/2 of a mothball. Readjusted it and after that it moved again at least .100 after two shots. I'm very pleased and relieved at how the 30s shot!

Tim,

Don't be shy around us! Cmon over and pull up a chair! My front bag is an Edgewood. Bruno carrys them! The next best thing is a protector leather bag.

Thanks a lot I will have to do that. Always a trying to figure out when was a good time to approach and ask some questions. And not get run off. I'll do better on that next year

I've looked on Bruno's site the edgewoods he has listed are all cordura. Maybe they have to be special ordered from Edgewood, what would I ask for? I will call Edgewood tomorrow, all they show on web site is cordura
Bruno's lists a Protektor leather front bag. It's the owl ear front bag not for our 3" wide stocks I don't think

Last edited:
Thanks a lot I will have to do that. Always a trying to figure out when was a good time to approach and ask some questions. And not get run off. I'll do better on that next year

I've looked on Bruno's site the edgewoods he has listed are all cordura. Maybe they have to be special ordered from Edgewood, what would I ask for? I will call Edgewood tomorrow, all they show on web site is cordura
Bruno's lists a Protektor leather front bag. It's the owl ear front bag not for our 3" wide stocks I don't think

Tim,

Best to call Bruno's and talk to Brian. See if he can find them in the warehouse. It's a grayish soft leather Edgewood for a farley rest.

It may be referred to as

Tim,

Best to call Bruno's and talk to Brian. See if he can find them in the warehouse. It's a grayish soft leather Edgewood for a farley rest.

a Bruno's Bag rather than Edgewood. Bruno has Edgewood custom build them for him.

if no luck with Bruno's, call Jack Snyder. he's the guy that makes them.

i've ordered some one-off items from Jack last year and it took roughly 2 weeks to make and ship. they do have lots of bags in stock now.

Jack Snyder
http://www.edgebag.com/
Phone #: (505) 281-9097
E-Mail:sales@edgebag.com

Got hold of them, got it coming

Thanks

Tim if you have a "item number" or the "name" of the bag let me know thanks. i might want to order one.

also Bart which edgewood rear bag are you using now.

Last edited:
Scott
The guy I spoke to at Edgewood name is Ryan super service
He said they refer to them as the Bruno bag. He didn't give me a part number

Last edited:
Scott
The guy I spoke to at Edgewood name is Ryan super service
He said they refer to them as the Bruno bag. He didn't give me a part number

thanks. i will look into it. also do you have any idea what rear bag Bart is using. thanks again

No, I should have asked Bart. Maybe he will see this and let us know.
I'm thinking it's made out of the same soft leather as the front, not sure

That's a pic of Charlie Stienus firering the first Bart's Custom 30 cal bullet down range! My rear bag is in the bottom left hand corner on the bench.

Bart

bart is that a protektor or edgewood. cant tell. i have a protektor Dr custom bag and was wanting to try the leather again (front and rear bag) was just wondering what you used for both thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Back