GUNSMITH question

al,
i asked a specific question for a reason
the rifle with a suppressor and the original ammo still shoots small groups at 200 yards, but the PRESSURE WENT UP.
YOU PEOPLE HAVE SELECTIVE MEMORY.
when i went to a new ladder, then the two rifles were acting the same, thus the ignition question.

HONKUSSHPLITTUSCHMEG!!!

That was the sound of Firestone Double Barrel Ale being shot out my nose!

Retired....could you be anymore of a condescending pr!ck?

The charm school line...which was brilliant, by the way...causes me to paraphrase a line from one of my all-time favorite movies, Blazing Saddles...and I apologize, Wilbur...

...Retired...you are this forums leading a$$hole!

Dude...it shoots. You add a suppressor, it doesn't shoot. May I suggest that you don't have ignition issues, rather you have RECOGNITION issues.

There is a metric @ss-ton of knowledge around these parts, generated by official gunsmiths and serious tinkerer's, and they're all eager to help. Unless you come off as an All-Conference butthole...

And good luck with Alinwa...even with my rapier-like wit, I repair to PM's when I wish to quarrel with that cat. Saves me some public humiliation...

Got my popcorn...waiting for the show.

Justin

not yet...because the suppressed rifle still shoots very well with the old/original load, it is just too much pressure with the suppressor added.
so i shot a new ladder and started over.
my guess is that since it still shoots the hot load...the bore/crown have not changed.

Did the OP ever go back to the range and shoot both rifles without the suppressor.?

but still ignoring the fact that with the suppressor, the rifle still shoots well, the load is just a little to hot for my tastes.
i am pretty sure this has been said before.

there really was a reason i asked the question i did.
i have looked at the stuff people keep talking about...
what i do not know is the consistency of the savage firing system.

That’s the first thing I would have tried. But I’m not a gunsmith.

so tell me what and how you improved them'
that was the original qestion

Couldn't agree more, George. :) -Al

P.S. Significant improvements can be done to the Savage ignition. I've done this on three of my own Savages and one owned by a pal. Two with factory barrels and two were customs.

al,
i asked a specific question for a reason
the rifle with a suppressor and the original ammo still shoots small groups at 200 yards, but the PRESSURE WENT UP.
YOU PEOPLE HAVE SELECTIVE MEMORY.
when i went to a new ladder, then the two rifles were acting the same, thus the ignition question.

"hello, hello??"

"Yes, this is al..."

"No, nope, I don't think this is the droid you want sir"

"Or did you mean Al?"

"Or Justin?"

"Mavis?"

"OHH!! I HAVE SELECTIVE MEMORY??? OHH SO SORRY!!!"

"ohh fer-schucks, need more popcorn now...."

Apologies, I missed that part. Thought we were still talking about possible barrel issues, not ignition.

only your statement is NOT TRUE.
it shoots small groups at 200 with the suppressor...but the PRESSURE IS higher than i want.
I SAID that in the past.
explain why the second rifle is doing the same thing ?
please do not let facts get in the way of calling me names.
the 2/1, throwing a shot occurred when i re-shot the ladder and went to LOWER PRESSURE loads.
same 2/1 i get with the second rifle.
thus the ignition question as both have stock savage bolts.
two rifles
same style factory bolts
same on target problem, throwing a shot, 2/1 groups

Dude...it shoots. You add a suppressor, it doesn't shoot. May I suggest that you don't have ignition issues, rather you have RECOGNITION issues.

Justin

Last edited:
only your statement is NOT TRUE.
it shoots small groups at 200 with the suppressor...but the PRESSURE IS higher than i want.
I SAID that in the past.
explain why the second rifle is doing the same thing ?
please do not let facts get in the way of calling me names.
the 2/1, throwing a shot occurred when i re-shot the ladder and went to LOWER PRESSURE loads.
same 2/1 i get with the second rifle.
thus the ignition question as both have stock savage bolts.
two rifles
same style factory bolts
same on target problem, throwing a shot, 2/1 groups

Still shoot fine without the suppressor?

i have not shot it without the suppressor and the original load.
it shot fine with the suppressor with the original load, so i see no reason to suspect the muzzle ?
( just the increased pressure)
make sense ?
and thanks mike

Still shoot fine without the suppressor?

Asking for measurements before and after to see how much if any. I’ve never experienced it, but then again, never measured with deltronic pins.

each barrel is different but an example a .2375 bore moving up to 2376 /2377 if you go to deltronics make sure bore has no debris also they will show how bad bore is bowed for a short distance

e

HONKUSSHPLITTUSCHMEG!!!

That was the sound of Firestone Double Barrel Ale being shot out my nose!

Retired....could you be anymore of a condescending pr!ck?

The charm school line...which was brilliant, by the way...causes me to paraphrase a line from one of my all-time favorite movies, Blazing Saddles...and I apologize, Wilbur...

...Retired...you are this forums leading a$$hole!

There is a metric @ss-ton of knowledge around these parts, generated by official gunsmiths and serious tinkerer's, and they're all eager to help. Unless you come off as an All-Conference butthole...

And good luck with Alinwa...even with my rapier-like wit, I repair to PM's when I wish to quarrel with that cat. Saves me some public humiliation...

Got my popcorn...waiting for the show.

Justin

I just went to this thread today.....how great it is.
In the begining I was chastised by a couple folks for saying he might want say thanks for some of the suggestions. He went over the top.....I have met many people like this before I don't have time for them.

It was even sugested that I had no right to an opinon since I was a newbie here. I'm not a newbie to life and here we are.....someone needs to eat some crow.

Mort

Dmort,
Get use to it buddy. There are some on here that just chime in like the troublemaker in first grade pulling girls hair. There are others that base their arrogant answers on post count. Then there are the Jackies and others that are very helpful. Hold on, block the jerks and move on. Or go to 6br and other places. Same issues but more people to deal with.
Ps- did you figure out your problem?

if you take the time to read
I ASKED A QUESTION,
and people chose to ignore my question and go off on their
own path.
( i had been down those paths, the reason
I ASKED A QUESTION)
AND I GET SLAMMED.
when i was in school i was told
ATFQ...answer the freaking question.
it seems it was hard for some to do that.

lets see how that works in the future when people ask questions

Back