Zermatt Arms / Bighorn RimX

MB,

I was hoping Skeetlee would respond as he has first hand experience with this action.

Can you determine from reading the prints that the .350 chamber face portion is the only portion supporting the case head. What is the counter bore in the bolt face?

Does the extractor/ejector contact the cartridge case at battery?

Can this action be hand loaded or does it have to be clip fed?

TKH

I'm sure Lee will chime in and sorry for jumping in, but I have the info on-hand and have a bit of experience with this action.

The extractors are always in contact with the case head while in battery and one has to feed from the magazine. It says in the literature from Zermatt not to single feed.

MB

Here is a picture of a barrel for a RimX that I was sent.

i-HQkdWbs-L.jpg

I'm sure Lee will chime in and sorry for jumping in, but I have the info on-hand and have a bit of experience with this action.

The extractors are always in contact with the case head while in battery and one has to feed from the magazine. It says in the literature from Zermatt not to single feed.

MB

MB,

Well that settles that. Thanks for the info.

There is a reason no (winning) bottle cap rifles have extractors or ejectors.

As you may know we currently only have two suppliers of benchrest quality rimfire actions. Di Orio, (Turbos), and Stiller, (2500s, and Tridents).

Luckily, they both offer very good products, but they are based on very old designs.

To advance we need new out of the box thinking with new design solutions.

Many have spent much time looking at European offerings primarily Bleiker and Grunig & Elmiger.

As modern as these actions are, and as well as they are executed, they haven't proven to be better solutions.

It is very disappointing to see new designs going back over plowed ground. But then this action was not designed for benchrest.

TKH

MB,

Well that settles that. Thanks for the info.

There is a reason no (winning) bottle cap rifles have extractors or ejectors.

As you may know we currently only have two suppliers of benchrest quality rimfire actions. Di Orio, (Turbos), and Stiller, (2500s, and Tridents).

Luckily, they both offer very good products, but they are based on very old designs.

To advance we need new out of the box thinking with new design solutions.

Many have spent much time looking at European offerings primarily Bleiker and Grunig & Elmiger.

As modern as these actions are, and as well as they are executed, they haven't proven to be better solutions.

It is very disappointing to see new designs going back over plowed ground. But then this action was not designed for benchrest.

TKH

I agree Tony. I have an appreciation for Bleiker and G&E and have noticed they aren't considered much for BR. I've also spent a bit of time with the Turbos and offerings from Jerry and know which ones I'd pick out of what's available. As far as plowed ground, I'm seeing a few things that appears to have been missed and it's leading to some interesting results. Maybe we can discuss it sometime....

MB

MB,

1. Thanks for the schematic.
2. You mentioned on another thread that you had Muller barrel blanks, are you making these available for retail or are these personal?
3. What is the timetable looking like for the V22-S?
4. Do you need a guinea pig to try one of them out!? LoL.

Thanks for your contributions to the rimfire community! I cant wait to see your benchrest hardware.

Last edited:
MB,

1. Thanks for the schematic.
2. You mentioned on another thread that you had Muller barrel blanks, are you making these available for retail or are these personal?
3. What is the timetable looking like for the V22-S?
4. Do you need a guinea pig to try one of them out!? LoL.

Thanks for your contributions to the rimfire community! I cant wait to see your benchrest hardware.

I appreciate the questions, but don’t want to sidetrack this thread. Check out the V-22S thread, new pics.

MB

Back