Wow

Memories

Hey, getting banned is no big deal. Wallace allowed me to question Bill's business practice of swapping barrels but when I took a shot at two of Bill's bodyguards, it happened quick.

On a positive note, Bill has learned to use a computer and sometimes, even posts a picture or drawing by himself. On occasion, he even answers a question with a direct answer or opinion but that continues to be the exception.

No one can question his passion and experience. One can only marvel at his attention to detail. However, like many self-taught masters, it must be his way or the highway, admitting he is wrong about anything is near impossible. With that also comes his own self-made terminology, which makes simple discussions a challenge for some.

Again, make no mistake, that is Bill's forum and that is a very good thing. Bill always has enjoyed the spotlight and the attention that comes with being an internet celebrity in one of the internet's smallest niches, now he must step up to the podium.

This reminds me of the scene in the Wizard of Oz, where the little dog pulls back the curtain to reveal the little man who is the big voice of the mighty and powerful Oz. Bill is a good man, just a bad wizard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seven deadly sins .....

..... three or four of them are the reason Calfee is no longer on this board, and I think folks here finally got the message, as evidenced by the recent politeness towards this board's members. Thanks, Douglas

Last edited by a moderator:
I Win The Bet

Speaking of the devil, what would those 3 or 4 deadly sins be?

Hey, getting banned is no big deal. Wallace allowed me to question Bill's business practice of swapping barrels but when I took a shot at two of Bill's bodyguards, it happened quick.

Hulk, first you're wrong. It's not Bill's site and never was. He posts there and anybody is welcome to challenge his statements, but not to attack the person. The same would apply to you if you were attacked. It wouldn't last.

Prior to yesterday, only one person has been banned. So, from what I read, you're saying that was you. Well, it provides insight. Thanks.

Beau has a very nice site, and some interesting information has been given out if people only choose to read it. I visit several rimfire sites, and enjoy them all. I will say that rimfireaccuracy.com is becoming one of my choice stops because of the civilized discussions. I think some very good info has been given out to the new shooters who asked questions, particularly on wind flags and conditions while shooting.
I like reading other peoples views, after all, it's the things you learn after you think you knew it all, that count.

What is so hard to understand?
If you had built a nice area for you and your friends to hang out, and you overheard one of those friends that you had opened your area to, talking trash about you and your other friends.....would you pull thier open invitation and call them on it?

I don't think dis-agreeing gets you banned, it is what I would consider disrespectfull comments that would get you banned.

Charlie

I know this thread is pretty much dead but I have to add one last thing.

Yesterday I posted the same exact post on both forums....

This one had 182 views and 2 replys
The other one had 9 views with 0 replys

I am not a benchrest shooter, but I love asking questions to shooters that know whats going on. And ones that will take the time to view and thankfuly reply.
It may sound silly but the main reason I found myself posting here was because of the high traffic.

Joe,

Have you considered that the competition matches are held on the weekends?

Jim

The fact that the same question has been asked three times in the last two weeks also holds down responces and most figure if you wanted to know, you would have looked at the other threads.

Back