Woo HOO!

N

NesikaChad

I just became a dealer/service center for Grunig and Elmiger.

Some of the most Baaad AZZ target rifles on the planet. I worked on em when I was in CO with the Anschutz service center.

http://www.gruenel.ch/

Chad,
Congrats. Now we need to figure out how to fix the trigger on my smallbore rifle. Let see Anschutz 5018 or G&E ? Stock went in the mail today. You should see it by Tues. or Wed.

John

Chad the money could be an issue as you state but the Web site does not mention a price that I could find? I was trying to compare the price of this rifle against other Olympic grade SB Rifles currently on the market and I truly do understand the cry once principle but I also want to be reassured my tears aren't shed in vain.

Anschutz in CO

N-Chad,

Small world, did you work over at Neil Johnson's in CO Springs, they did a lot of work for the Olympic Training Center, and Neil's retirement and the end of the shop will be well morned by those along the front range.

If you worked at the shop, when did you work there?

I worked for Neal prior to moving up here to work for Nesika. 00-03.

As for pricing on Grunig products. I have no idea at this point but can surely get you some numbers if you like. Assuming prices have not changed much from 2000-2003 you can figure between 5 and 6 thousand dollars for a complete highpower rifle. The smallbore stuff is newer and I don't know what it costs. They appear to be making just the stock as those look alot like and Anschutz 54 action (1913 model probably) I did have a Grunig alloy stock with me at Camp Perry in 03 and it was quite nice/pricey. Billet machined with some very, very exotic hardware. If memory serves me right it was around 1800 bucks delivered. Don't quote me on that but I do recall it being expensive.-Good stuff usually is right??:D

My main motive with this was to inquire about getting the triggers again. I started this little surge back in 01 when I was fed up with not being able to put a good two stage in a centerfire that would reliably go to 1.5kg for Palma. The Anschutz triggers (5022) just don't run real well at that high of a setting. That and they are a bit on the delicate side (although I've never had one break when converting them over to a Winchester for NRA highpower)

It started with L/H Tubb 2K rifles (they use a Jewel since the Anschutz safety lever is in the way of the bolt handle on a lefty), then went to Nesika actions and a few others here and there.

We shall see where this goes. I'm just happy to have a relationship with the company again. Good folks!

Back