Winter Indoor Event in Montrose, CO...????

michaelthomas

www.thomasrifles.com
I have been thinking about this for a while.

I would like to host a dead of winter indoor benchrest event here in Montrose. We have a nice facility that can accommodate 25 and 50m/yd competition. The building is at the fairgrounds and is about 18,000 ft/sq. Its around 200 ft long. I'm thinking late January, or early February.....but it could be done anytime, really.

http://www.montrosecounty.net/540/Facility-Rentals

The fairgrounds are a few miles from MTJ (Montrose Regional Airport). Driving in the winter here is hit or miss. If you have to come over any of the mountain passes......It could be great, or it could be crummy. I used to drive to Denver (other side of the Rockies) every weekend to race RC cars in the winter, and 80% of the time the road conditions were nice. The other 20% added an hour or so to the 4 hour drive. Anyone coming from west of here probably has the best chance of avoiding any bad weather since we are on the western slope of the Rockies.

If I cannot pull together at least 20 people for the event, it would probably not be feasible......so before I commit to anything I would like to see if anyone is even interested enough to make the trip.

Indoor shooting is a great way to assess your equipment and see how it stacks up to everyone else.

Please respond here if it's something that you are interested in.

Mike

Back