windflags finished (at last)

i took me some time but after changing 3-4 times and making new parts i finaly got them like i want them

they turn on frictionless bearings fans got an lightweight support they are balanced (real pain in the A** they are realy sensible wiht those bearings )

and i found a good use for a golfclubs box

windflags%20%284%29%20%28450%20x%20600%29.jpg

windflags%20%287%29%20%28450%20x%20600%29.jpg

and a little video

Last edited:
Some advice you didn't ask for.....

Make the vane larger.....or forget about the balance. Nice flags however you choose to set them up!

vane got a dia of a little more then 1 feet (30 cm )

the vanes are not balanced so they stop when wind stops

the compleet flag is balanced in case it support is not planted correctly

any advice is always welcome

i got 22 of them but only 16 fit in the box

They look good to me Johan.
Use them every chance you have. Insist on having them in front of you in a full rotation match. We use 25 for a full rotation match at 200 yards. It's work and it's time consuming but you will be able to read them better than any others after you have used them a few times.

They look good to me Johan.
Use them every chance you have. Insist on having them in front of you in a full rotation match. We use 25 for a full rotation match at 200 yards. It's work and it's time consuming but you will be able to read them better than any others after you have used them a few times.

in europe whe have nearly no matches with 5 position rotations moslty 3-4 only but in the future i will make the set compleet with 25 flags i got al the material to make them
just not the time maybe in the wintertime

Johan,
If you put a ball swivel on your light stand you can level your flags and not worry how your light stands are ssitting.
2yy16kw.jpg

2rh8k9c.jpg

eg5xjk.jpg

These are the BRT Aussie windflags.

i saw some last match and found it a great idea those will be my next modiffication on the flags

i like your ball bubble to set the flags dead on

those flags look great i shoot on them a bunch of matches another lefty from luxemburg has them and i love to shoot with the BRT flags

they are my favorit flags ,till i made my own ofcorse :eek:

Last edited:
Back