Winchester Model 52C

TwoDogs42

I recently Purchased a Winchester Model 52C, from a Estate Sale. The Rifle is in New Condition , I have reason to Believe it was never Fired.....The Question I have is what Purpose do the Three Pieces of Rubber on the Stock where the Action set in the wood, I removed the Stock to wipe it down and noticed the three pics of Rubber....My 52 D does not have these Pieces of Rubber on it....If anyone would be so Kind to advise me on this.....Please email me at marc17mach4@yahoo.com....Thank You all....Marc

Mark..

Those three pieces of rubber were Winchester's early attempt at dampening the vibrations.. My 52-C had them also and it was one of the most accurate rifle's I ever owned... I took them out and accuracy went to pot.. Put them back in and it started shooting again.

Others may have other answers...

Dave

Dave is right about the 52c's and Winchesters reason for installing the neoprene pads. The micro-motion trigger was also advertised as vibration free. The reason your 52D doesn't have the pads is because Winchester free floated the barrels on the 52D and E's. Sounds like you found a great gun and the 52C is my favorite. Most 52's have been altered and very few exist in mint condition. The kind Im always looking to find to put in my collection. Also: If its got proofmarks then its been fired. I have information from the factory that they fired these guns as much as 50 times to test the accuracy.

Last edited:
Johnny

Dave is right about the 52c's and Winchesters reason for installing the neoprene pads. The micro-motion trigger was also advertised as vibration free. The reason your 52D doesn't have the pads is because Winchester free floated the barrels on the 52D and E's. Sounds like you found a great gun and the 52C is my favorite. Most 52's have been altered and very few exist in mint condition. The kind Im always looking to find to put in my collection. Also: If its got proofmarks then its been fired. I have information from the factory that they fired these guns as much as 50 times to test the accuracy.

from a collectors perspective, new and unfired generally means new, in the box with papers and other factory inclusions not having been fired by anyone after factory proofing. Collectors?

from a collectors perspective, new and unfired generally means new, in the box with papers and other factory inclusions not having been fired by anyone after factory proofing. Collectors?
I have several new in the box and crated model 52's but I don't know how you know for sure if its been fired after its left the factory unless you were the one that purchased it new or know the complete history. I really don't know what your trying to say.

What I'm trying to say is...

I have several new in the box and crated model 52's but I don't know how you know for sure if its been fired after its left the factory unless you were the one that purchased it new or know the complete history. I really don't know what your trying to say.

to claim a 52 is new in the box and unfired, one has to document it to a collector who asks. Proving that, I agree, can be problematic.

Back