Win 52D CMP rail ?

S

ss1

Does ALL CMP 52D's rails have the same oval cutout for inserting hand stop?? Thanks in advance

I have two rifles and one spare rail. They all have the cut-out.
Dale

Both of mine have a cutout on one side of the rail, about in the middle of the forearm

Thanks to all. It appears that all 52D's CMP has the same rail, with oval cut out.

SS1 You must be either a politician or a pollster. To take a sample of about 5 and conclude that ALL of about 5000 agree really stretches things, but you are forgiven as that is the way things are today, sad to say.

Taking the other side I would guess that some of the CMP guns had a Freeland rail installed somewhere in their history, or perhaps another rail without the oval. I know some CMP 52D's were sold with Freeland stocks. Draw your own conclusions.

My US marked 52D has a modified trigger that works nicely at 3 ounces. I know of one other so modified. I had breakfast with its owner this morning. That does not mean they ALL are/were. bob finger

The original factory drawing for this part show's the same cut-out through out production, and was never changed. The cutout is basically .700" long(including radius at each end), and .464" wide. It is located over center hole in rail. Factory calls for extruded aluminum w/black anodized finish. External dimensions are .656" wide x .400" tall, and 14.520" long. Any rail not conforming to these dimensions is most likely aftermarket. Incidentally, this was a Winchester part, not procured from Freelands as some have speculated.
Steve

SS1 You must be either a politician or a pollster. To take a sample of about 5 and conclude that ALL of about 5000 agree really stretches things, but you are forgiven as that is the way things are today, sad to say.

Taking the other side I would guess that some of the CMP guns had a Freeland rail installed somewhere in their history, or perhaps another rail without the oval. I know some CMP 52D's were sold with Freeland stocks. Draw your own conclusions.

My US marked 52D has a modified trigger that works nicely at 3 ounces. I know of one other so modified. I had breakfast with its owner this morning. That does not mean they ALL are/were. bob finger

Not either; however, there are very knowledgeable people, on the web sites, that have all spec & manfiest of the 52D. One of the best just answered my guestion.

Back