Will your scope do this?

Butch Lambert

Picture sent to me by Stuart Elliott of Australia. He used an Iphone4 to take a picture of a target at 1000 yards with a 8-80 March scope.
b4utme.jpg

You might go to his website and see other pics of through the lense of different scopes.
http://www.benchrest.com.au/scopesrings.htm#march-scopes
Scroll down to the bottom right for more photos.
Butch

I took this picture of a dead ground hog (right near the cross hairs) through the scope with my iPhone.

G8-2010DRT-3.jpg

The picture required some rotation and cropping in a photo editing program.

Fitch

What range Fitch ? Butch , Nice , and no my scopes won't do that (Burris Nikon Leupold Nightforce).

What range Fitch ? Butch , Nice , and no my scopes won't do that (Burris Nikon Leupold Nightforce).

As I recall it was ~125 yards. He was running to get into his hole in the trees to the right, I moved the scope to where I thought he might stop for a second or so to take a last look (which they often do), and squeezed when he did. The scope might be a 3.5-10 Leupold. I don't remember what power it was set at.

This one, the only other one I've taken, was farther, maybe 2X as far:

G7-2010whereshelay-2.jpg

You can see the top of the tree line in the distance to each side of the scope. This one came out much closer to me and headed for the trees with out dallying around much. By the time I got set up and fired, she'd moved a lot closer to the tree line. This was the same (.17 Remington) rifle as the other picture.

I don't do it more because it's a bit of a trick to juggle the camera, hold the rifle steady on the dead ground hog, see the image on the iPhone screen outdoors, and trip the shutter. I usually hunt shooting off sticks and a small folding chair because they are so portable - they work well for shooting, not so much for pictures.

Fitch

Hi caroby , This pic is too cool also and this a world record , it was shot with a 8x 32 Nightforce .. I know which one i'd like to own.. JR.. Jeff Rogers.. on ya Matt K ,it gives us all hope yet
Good greef....................COOL...!

Attachments

• WORLD RECORD sEPT10.jpg
    WORLD RECORD sEPT10.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 315
Hi caroby , This pic is too cool also and this a world record , it was shot with a 8x 32 Nightforce .. I know which one i'd like to own.. JR.. Jeff Rogers.. on ya Matt K ,it gives us all hope yet

You just can't help your self can you JR..:rolleyes:

Leeroy

The first time you get to shoot in ultra clear air the scope will be worth every penny. Most times I shoot the mirage is there or the air is not clear. It was real nice to spot roofing nails holding the backer on at 800M with my Nightforce though. I'd love to have the 8-80, if I could sell my Nightforce I would trade up. I'll try to snap a 42x Nightforce pic next clear day.

Hi Charles, You have it right ,small a is for Australian.. Be great if it were for *accurate* or some such but i have got no where near the level you guys run to , i live in hope.. I shot another pair of 5inch H/G groups yesterday so the 6 match should good this year, i'm tryin real hard..JR..Jeff Rogers
Butch,

No, the "a." in "a.JR" stands for "Australian." (The JR stands for Jeff Rogers)

after taking pics fron 1000 yards it is clear. i think Iphone4's picture quality is good

Back