Wichita BR rifle, informaiton urgently needed

you are new here, please tell us why and you may get some information

Jefferson

I purchased Wichita Arms about a year ago. I got a couple of calls in regards to the rifle shown. The story changed each time the person called. It made me suspicious that it might be stolen. /Would like to find out to stop these types.

Tim, Rifle is remotely familiar to me but can't remember from where, I believe your only recourse is to have #'s checked , George hope for the best

I no longer offer the rests. I have some parts and a few of the accessories like pistol rests, some top nests and screws.
I have some receivers and I will be having more machined in the near future. I have a lot of the classic receivers and am building rifles from those. Also my primary goal is to build rifles and single shot pistols with a goal of reviving the brand and letting other shooters learn how good the rifles can be.

Checking on a potentially stolen rifle/firearm

Traphouse, contact your local ATF branch office. Provide them with the serial number, model, caliber and manufacturer. They can do a search of their lost and stolen reports (record) and see if the firearm has been reported.

Wichita BR rifle, informatinon urgently needed

good idea on checking with atf But there were quite a few flag stocks painted a while ago.
so the paint job means nothing. If you obtained the rifle with the company sale i would say it yours.
I have one of those 1375 actions they are really good.
The Bat 3 lug has added a roller to the cocking piece that would be a thing to think about putting on those three lug actions .
If you decide to do something like that i sure could use a cocking piece like that on my 1375.

AL...yes,,they have ejectors and were available in RR RL and LL LR configuration,,,the early ones like I shot bak in the 70's had a flat nose on the bolt,,,,they are 3 lug (60 degree bolt lift) and are smooth as glass and very quick to operate,,,(a roller on the cocking cam would be a nice improvement )the newer ones had cone breaching and a stronger/better extractor,,,,the ejector was the typical M1 plunger style,,,,they are a great action,,,I traded mine for a rail gun and wish I still had it and NOT the rail (I cant carry the rail anymore ,,boo hoo),,,,Roger
PS...they made a 1375 (1.375" OD) and a 1200 (1.200" OD) ,,,the small one was several ounces lighter and made a great LV (10.5 lb) rifle,,,,and a Pistol action that is one of the best ever for shootin steel and long range pistol that has ever been built,,,,

Last edited:
AL...yes,,they have ejectors and were available in RR RL and LL LR configuration,,,the early ones like I shot bak in the 70's had a flat nose on the bolt,,,,they are 3 lug (60 degree bolt lift) and are smooth as glass and very quick to operate,,,(a roller on the cocking cam would be a nice improvement )the newer ones had cone breaching and a stronger/better extractor,,,,the ejector was the typical M1 plunger style,,,,they are a great action,,,I traded mine for a rail gun and wish I still had it and NOT the rail (I cant carry the rail anymore ,,boo hoo),,,,Roger
PS...they made a 1375 (1.375" OD) and a 1200 (1.200" OD) ,,,the small one was several ounces lighter and made a great LV (10.5 lb) rifle,,,,and a Pistol action that is one of the best ever for shootin steel and long range pistol that has ever been built,,,,

Hey thanks Rog...

The only Wichita I'd ever seen was a shellholder bf

Copy of Copy of Copy of DSCN6742.jpgAl....oooo I forgot about the shell holder action,,,I saw a few (never had or shot one ) of those but most competitors got away from them because they were so slow to cycle,,,,I still have a front rest of theirs and set a 600 yard 3 target record using one in 09' at Sacramento,,,that proves you dont need a Farley ,,,hahah,,,I have a Farley and love it,,but when I went out west to visit my son in the Navy I flew and couldnt take the Farley on the plane in my luggage because it was very heavy,,,,I just wraped the Wichita (aluminum) in an old T shirt and put it and my rear bag (which I "squeeze"--notice the baby powder on it !!! my talc is sittin on the bench with AMO$ marked on it ,,haha) in my checked luggage with my x-tra pair of socks and underwear !!!!!...just more proof that a sandbag is not the most important criteria in a shooting match,,,,Roger
PS here is a larger version of my avatar on this site,,,,it shows my ole' front rest with the crackel finish popin off ,,,,it has served me well since the 70's..I shoot and use my stuff ,,,this aint a beauty contest or I wulda been tossed out a long time ago,,,,wink,,,,

Last edited:
Back