why not the .222 anymore?

The 222 rem is the best caliber of all time. Long live th king

Does any one out there have a sako a1 action in 222rem.in aheavy barrel

H322 for 222 rem

Im going to be using my 222 rem in a match

"Does any one out there have a sako a1 action in 222rem.in aheavy barrel "

Yes I do! Safe queen, never fired it. I let her go someday, maybe?

Fun 222

I have a 222 set up for bench shooting. It is built on a mauser
action with a modified extractor and single shot follower. It
has a bishop walnut bench stock that is very comfortable. I put
an old 16 power fecker scope on it as that was all i had. I have
shot it at 100 yds and it is great fun. I would say build whatever
you like, but if you ever have a chance to pick up a 222 at a good
price, go for it. It is a great way to shoot to have fun on store
bought ammo. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

There is a reason..

No one uses flat head Ford engines in NASCAR, any more. I wonder why? No serious competitor uses the .222 in competition either....same reason. I love the old .222, but it ain't what one needs for competitive BR shooting. Good shooting...James

Years ago I...

bought a collection of BR guns from an estate. I sold some but got stuck with a .222 HV on a sleeved Rem. action. No one was remotely interested.

Deciding that "I'd show them!" I loaded up some brass and started to shoot the old Sinclair built gun. It shot like crazy at home so I took it to a match. Sadly, the wind was blowing at the match. Darn wind blew the bullets all over the place.

I asked Dwight to rechamber it to a .22 BR .200" Short, a cartridge that Jerry Hensler had made somewhat popular back then. Surprisingly Dwight said, "Dicky, this is the first one of your cockamimmy ideas that make any sense at all."

He chambered same, I got dies, loaded ammo and loved the way the gun shot, even in the wind. I ended up taking 16th place in the 200 yd. HV agg. at the Super Shoot (I think it was 1994) with the old gun on a really windy day.

I really like that old .22 Short BR. I like the .100" Short .22 PPC better because it's much easier to make brass for. The Deuce has always been one of my favorite cartridges but only for fun shooting. If I am remotely serious about using it in competition I will use one of the others.

Dick

Back