Who makes a priming tool that works off of the case base?

Thank you gents & more questions.

Where does the K&M take its primer thickness measurement off of and how can that be done or bettered by pre-sorting using another way of primer measuring? If I'm going to do this I'd sure like to be able to sort whenever I have the time, do the math, and load with an accurate adjustable tool instead of spending an extra ½ hour to an hour loading my preferred day before a match. Plus pre-sorting would also eliminate the unnoticeable variations in the pin's travel inherent with using the K&M.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you're lookin for easy, but there is just no way to 'pre-sort' more efficiently than the K&M tool measures in use. To put it another way, there is genius to this thing that will be very difficult to improve on.

It takes your rim concerns, primer height, and pocket depth into account in one move, simultaneously, to be zero'd. Then when seating, the primer just touches the bottom of the pocket at zero -with THAT case, and THAT primer.
It would be more difficult to pre-sort all of these things and lay them all out by number(primer to pocket).

Mike,

You missed one variable that K & M covers, one that the rest likely don't - rim thickness.

To do what K & M do in one process, you have to sort three inconsistencies on other systems.

John

Back