White horse Nationals

Got the scopes on the want adds here. Yes...I used the short brass....This is the first time I shot the LG in competition so I can't say for sure weather the short brass screwed up my groups a lot, or only a little!! :rolleyes:

As far as the equipment..
Lg Smithed by Greg Wahlstrom of Straightline Customs in Ogilvie, MN. He also did the bedding on the Shehane ST 1000 stock.....BAT 8.5 "M" Multiflat.....30" Kriger 1-8 twist 5R .237, BAT Aluminum 20moa ring/bases, NF NSX 12-42.

HG Smithed by Clay Spencer. It has a Bruce Baer 5" thumbhole stock, but Greg Wahlstom machened the front and rear plates (pure artwork). BAT 10 inch long by 2 inch diameter action. No bbl block needed with this action. 30 inch Hart 1-10 twist chamberd in 300 WSM. 12-42 NF BR model. I was a little disapointed that I never really have found a GREAT tune for this gun.....It has never shot anything bigger than 10 inches ever, even in really krappy weather, but also has never shot really small groups. This was the gun I had the high hopes for at the NATS, but the groups are just avarge...ho hum....BUT...they go where I aim and the scores are generally pretty good.

Just re checked....6mm is NOT a 5R.

Last edited:
Tod please tell us what bullets did you use ---how about the cartrage 6 br --6brx--6 DASHER or what ---do you aneal your brass and if so how offen -i know you measure your bullets ,but how finnickey are you in your selection ---and last but not the least what is the phone number of the Greg Wahlstron from Ogilvie Mn . Thanks Dave

Congratulations to Todd Soeby and all the other winners - great shooting. Many thanks to all the guys at White Horse for putting on a great match. Also, a thanks to Jeff Walker on a good job on the computer. Stanley Taylor for his efforts on the prize table.(I personally know how hard a job the prize table can be.)

Bob Rosen

LG Berger 108 BT 6 dasher...HG Berger 210VLD 300wsm. I have Bill Shehanes system for measuring bearing serface. I seperate the bullets in .001 increments. No other sorting or tipping. I do visually inspect the bullets that will be used for record. I know this is wrong acording to some, but I weight sort my brass to .1 grain and shoot in groups. I think everyone should screw up and trim thier brass WAY to short....especaly thier dasher brass. I had 4 firings on my 300 brass and had it annieled last winter....this was the second firing since annealing. Dasher brass had 3 firings prior to the nats.

Greg Wahlstrom
Straightline Customs
1-218-272-4897

I understand Sharon Ruben had small group of the match, 2.86 and she was
shooting 115gr Bergers. Anyone know if it was a Dasher?
Anyone know her equipment. It was her second target in LG.

Birddog shooter Sheron Rabon This is off her equipment list when she shot at GRRC in Harris mn ---TOD Soeby"s Home range --about time he went east and kicked butt, we are used to it at GRRC
She has listed 6X47 chamber----Brux Barrel--115 Berger bullets--Panda Action---Sightron scope---H4350 powder---gun smith is Hunts LLC

Sheron was shooting a 6x47 with the 115 bergers. I built the gun and the group measured 2.686. Kelbly action, Brux Barrel, and Precision rifle and tool stock.

Congratulations Tod (and the other winners) on some great shooting. It's probably best that I didn't know you were going to come out on top, or I would have been asking a lot more questions (and taking notes) while we were visiting.

You obviously had both guns running just right; but I think there must've been something lucky about that "Spider Stomp" you were doing in my tent..... ;)

To someone that would appreciate it, I saw my first Black Widow today while cutting a tree up in the yard.

Tod

I am sorry to have missed the whuppin that you must have handed out. I just never got time to do any shooting this year. Had I been there, I would have been one of the first to shake your hand. Congratulations on the win and hope to see you next year. And congrats to all of the others who won and placed. And I hear 99% of everything went off without any hitches, so congrats to the White Horse club for a great event.

Danny Brooks

Back