Which Primer Is Best?

D

Dodge Man

I am deciding which primer is best for my 300 Win Mag. The Federal 215 Magnum or the Federal GM 215 Magnum Match.

Does anyone prefer one and why?

I am deciding which primer is best for my 300 Win Mag. The Federal 215 Magnum or the Federal GM 215 Magnum Match.

Does anyone prefer one and why?

That would be an excellent question for the 600/1000 yard forum. The 300 win mag is a common round in the 1000 yd game.

-Dave-:)

Dave,

This forum states: Centerfire Benchrest, Competition and Accuracy Related Topics.

Now, your reply, Dave, to my question is to send me to another forum, so say you.

I disagree with you, Dave. Other posters may have an answer to my question, so if you do not have an answer, say so, but allow others to answer.

Dave, you do not run roughshod over me, so it is best that you understand that now, because this is my first day on this forum. In the future, remember, answer the question, do not direct traffic.

Dodge Man

Last edited by a moderator:
Differant forums same site

Dave is trying to say that there differant forums her e. Center fire BR (the forum you posted on) is more short range 100-200 yd stuff ppc and the BR series of cases etc . Factory/Hybrid or 1000yd BR or possibly Fclass would more likely use the 215 or 215GM. But Forums aside let your rifle tell you what it likes, try them both and see what it likes....BTW you have the option to pick which style of shooting that your intrests are in or browse them all. take some time and look at the differant forums their all excellent with alot of very good advice on them all ( if you listen to others ideas) A truely great site

Last edited:
Differant forums same site

Dave is trying to say that there differant forums her e. Center fire BR is more short range 100-200 yd stuff ppc and the BR series of cases etc . Factory/Hybrid or 1000yd BR or possibly Fclass would more likely use the 215 or 215GM. But Forums aside let your rifle tell you what it likes, try them both and see what it likes.

Dodge man,

I know it is Christmas, however your second ever post, according to you, seemed slightly OVERBEARING.

Just as you reccommend and assert to Dave that he will not be directing you or traffic, YOU will not either!

An easier way to develope friendships is be FRIENDLY.

Merry Christmas, AND Happy New Year to you.

Edwin D. Gill
CW-2(RET)

Edwin,

Thank you for your response, but since Dave responded to my first post in an OVERBEARING manner, and began directing traffic, you should direct your response to "Dave."

I am not attempting to direct traffic, just get an answer to my question. So, remember, being rude does not work well with me.

Now, do you have an answer to my question?

Merry Christmas, Semper Fi,

Dodge Man

Nothing from me with that attitude Dodge...

Dave was just trying to help you get the right answer from those with the most experience to the question your asking. Call it directing traffic or whatever but it sounds like you want a answer to a Dodge question from a Chevy dealer.

Hovis

DODGEMAN,

SINCE WE ARE DOING SO WELL TODAY.....

this forum is for short range BENCHREST type shooting. while ia 300 win mag may get used it is not normal. so you have been directed to the correct forums, which may help.
you are new here,
your attitude will get you little help.

close you mouth and open your ears.

( the real answer to your questions is that no one knows.....you will have to test them to find the best for your powder, bullet, case, rifle and distance.)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

mike in co

Welcome aboard "Dodge Man". Most of the posters on this board won't have a clue about a .300 Mag case. As suggested ask on the Long Range/1000 yard board and you will get more info than you probably want.

Mike Swartz

Mike S,

Thank you for the info.

Thanks,

Dodge

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it before, being offended is a decision. You choose to be offended. Dodgeman, the tone of your posts indicate to me that you have chosen to be offended. Good luck with that.

Dodge Guy
Don't let these guys be so fit and proper with you. Most of them didn't know which primer went in which hole before they started here. We're not NASCAR drivers here just a bunch of NASCAR wanabees.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Pretty insulting....

Hovis

Pretty insulting....

Hovis

MR PERRY HAS BEEN ON MY IGNOR LIST FOR SOMETIME.

I was quite disappointed when he started up again.

lets hope for a better new year....

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

mike in co

Dave,

This forum states: Centerfire Benchrest, Competition and Accuracy Related Topics.

Now, your reply, Dave, to my question is to send me to another forum, so say you.

I disagree with you, Dave. Other posters may have an answer to my question, so if you do not have an answer, say so, but allow others to answer.

Dave, you do not run roughshod over me, so it is best that you understand that now, because this is my first day on this forum. In the future, remember, answer the question, do not direct traffic.

Dodge Man

Dodge Man,
First of all, I'm truely sorry that my reply offended you. I want you to know that I intended only to point you toward the forum on this site that is the perfect match for your question. I could have just left it to someone else to tell you that 100-200 yard Benchrest competitors don't use 300 win mags, or anything else that uses large magmum primers.

Now, to address your last paragraph..........you'll find it to your advantage to avoid making those kind of statements. I do not take instructions from anyone who come across like that, especially when they react negatively to a well-intended and completely appropriate reply. There are few who post here regularly that would have respond as politely as I have to your second post....I'm not going to give you the kind of instruction that you gave me, but I will make a friendly suggestion: Don't behave like that.

Have a Merry Christmas, and please stop to consider what the world celebrates on this day....the greatest promise that anyone has ever made. Salvation is ours, all we have to do is accept it.

Last edited:
Most of them didn't know which primer went in which hole before they started here.
Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Stephen,
You're wrong. Most of the regular posters who compete regularly in matches have been at this game a lot longer than this forum has been in existance.

Also, I notice that you weren't able to give him any useful information either. I tried to tell him where he could post his question and have it seen by shooters who know his cartridge inside and out. You took a shot at everyone who tried to tell the Dodge Man something helpful, but were only able to ramble circuitously about primers and give no useful information.

Geez, Steve.......you're doing it all over again!

Really, Steve, I've tinkered quite a bit with the magnum primers and larger-capacity cases. However, I don't have the experience of the guys who use them in competition....that is why I suggested that he try the appropriate forum. Maybe you should have looked over there for some good info before trying to answer his question here.

Last edited:
Back