where to buy concrete bench tops?

Fred's cost for someone making 22 tops and furnishing all the material and labor was about $42 a top. This was bought a few years ago and the price would be up some today. It might be double that and still be a good deal.

Here in San Angelo we are making our own with free labor. We are in the process of making an additional 12 moveable benches with 4" X 4" steel legs and braces filled with concrete. Our cost on the last ones were around $62 each. The new ones will probably cost about $80 each.

The tops have about .108 yards of concrete each. If we can get ready mix concrete delivered about 4 blocks to our shop for $100 per yard, the cost will be $10.80 per top. If we use 40# bags of premixed sackcrete at $4.50 per bag our cost will be $19.44 per top. I have left out forming material and steel and I am just looking at the concrete cost.

I have experience in working with concrete but not everyone does. It would not be hard to find a concrete man that likes to shoot and would work for modest wages.

Concho Bill

Back