Where is the 2009 Nationals for score ?

R

ron collins

Does anyone know where the nats will be held next year for 100-200 score.

'The Clash in the Corn'

I really like the idea of a four day format. :cool:

It makes shooting the Two Gun Score format quite a bit more inviting for those that shoot both the 6 Power and VfS guns. With a four day format, you'll have Tuesday for the 6 Power 100 and Wednesday will be the 6 Power 200. Then, Thursday for the VfS 100 and Friday for the VfS 200. Our part of the country is blessed with a good number of 6 Power shooters. We routinely have as many 6 Power shooters at Webster City, Iowa and Holmen, Wi. than attend the IBS Score Nationals each year. And the famous Van Dyne, Wi. annual Wisconsin State Hunter tournament has close to 50 of the 6 Power Faithful in attendance each July. So, the 6 Power shooters will be well represented should the 2009 IBS Score Nationals be held in Webster City, Iowa. Almost all of the 6 Power shooters also have a VfS gun, as well. :cool:

In a 2 day format, shooters that wish to contest both the 6 Power and the VfS class are forced to alternate between these two guns all day long for each yardage. Even if you go back-to-back on relays, it's a daunting task. You have different rests/rest tops to change, possibly different a rear bag, the flag positions are a compromise between the two guns due to the different scopes, etc. Now add in loading & cleaning for two guns and a full bench rotation and.....whew. ;)

The other thing a four day format will allow is a chance for everyone to socialize a bit more with our pals that we may only see once a year, if that. There's a weekend ahead and a weekend behind for travel, so that should help for those traveling long distances.

I know that when I travel many miles to a tournament, I want to do a lot of shooting when I'm there. This format will let everyone shoot as much as you'd like. Heck...a competitor could shoot three guns: VfS and the two 6 Power classes (Hunter and Varmint Hunter). :eek: :) :rolleyes: ;)

Now that's entertainment! :D And more 'bang' for your per mile 'buck'. :)

Assuming this gets the O.K. from the IBS, that is.

'Shiverin' in The Forbidden Zone.........-Al

If it takes

In Iowa. They plan to run a four day event. See the tentative IBS score schedule. Ends being a 12 or 14 day effort for some of us.

12 -14 days for you to do this, you are spending WAY too much time in rest areas. It is at the MOST 3 days each way to Maine. Done it too many times for it to be disputed

I saw this post a few days ago and thought to myself "Well, that's going to to be unreasonably far". I just map quested it, and it came up 860 miles......only 150 miles further than Dublin, Georgia was for me a few years ago. Hmmm.......... And hey, at the rate oil prices are coming down gas ought to be about $.47 per gallon by then. It'll be worth the drive just for some Al Nyhus wisdom/humor and some of David Halblom's excellent grilled food.

-Dave-:)

I saw this post a few days ago and thought to myself "Well, that's going to to be unreasonably far". I just map quested it, and it came up 860 miles......only 150 miles further than Dublin, Georgia was for me a few years ago. Hmmm.......... And hey, at the rate oil prices are coming down gas ought to be about $.47 per gallon by then. It'll be worth the drive just for some Al Nyhus wisdom/humor and some of David Halblom's excellent grilled food.

Dave, I'll plead guilty on the humor part. But using my name and the word 'wisdom' in the same sentence is just plain wrong, buddy! :eek: :D

Dave Halblom on the grill is a wonderment to behold and a feast for the taste buds. -Al

Last edited:
I really like the idea of a four day format. :cool
I know that when I travel many miles to a tournament, I want to do a lot of shooting when I'm there. This format will let everyone shoot as much as you'd like. Heck...a competitor could shoot three guns: VfS and the two 6 Power classes (Hunter and Varmint Hunter). :eek: :) :rolleyes: ;)

Now that's entertainment! :D And more 'bang' for your per mile 'buck'. :)

Assuming this gets the O.K. from the IBS, that is.

'Shiverin' in The Forbidden Zone.........-Al

Al, ya left one gun out!:eek: Yer prejudice is showing - again! :D Assuming that BVI gets the nod, I plan on shooting FOUR guns!:eek::p Hunter; V-Hunter; LV and HV!:eek:;) Yep, call me an idiot . . . but I'll burn enough powder that week to keep Graff & Sons from going belly-up . . .or, asking for a "bail-out" check :eek: :D RG

:p
Al, ya left one gun out!:eek: Yer prejudice is showing - again! :D Assuming that BVI gets the nod, I plan on shooting FOUR guns!:eek::p Hunter; V-Hunter; LV and HV!:eek:;) Yep, call me an idiot . . . but I'll burn enough powder that week to keep Graff & Sons from going belly-up . . .or, asking for a "bail-out" check :eek: :D RG

BVI?????:eek::eek:

IBS NATS in the BVI????:eek::eek::eek:

I can see it now. Randy Robinett on the line, shooting four guns, in a thong!. Nice visual. :rolleyes:

Bvi . . .

:p

BVI?????:eek::eek:

IBS NATS in the BVI????:eek::eek::eek:

I can see it now. Randy Robinett on the line, shooting four guns, in a thong!. Nice visual. :rolleyes:

HMmmmm, I hadn't considered wearing something . . .:p

BVI = Boone Valley Ike's; short for Boone Valley Chapter, Isaak Walton League of America, located just SW of Webster City, IA.

Beautiful grass, dead-flat (well, almost - it's graded to drain away from the firing-line), 25 covered concrete benches, running water, etc. If we didn't have to rotate, when going from 100 to 200, one would only need to add flags to his flag-line: those used during the 100 would not need any adjustment - the benches and frames are pretty well lined-up! :eek:;)

Dave, S. , are you selling futures at $0.47/Gal. ??? :eek::p RG

Last edited:
And Susan and I

just did Des Moines to Titusville, FL in approx 29 hours driving time, even counting detoursfor Susan and Max to run in the surf. Iowa from Maine would be a piece of cake in comparison. And MD to Iowa is almost a commute:D

RG, I'll likely be shooting both my LVfS and HVfS gun as well as the Hunter rig.

I'll need to get my bullet maker in gear so he keeps me stocked up. ;) Maybe we should set up a Powder/Primer/Bullet bar there to make sure everyone is well supplied. Unlike most traditional bars, we'll make sure that people are 'overserved' to their hearts content.

"Hey! Mischter barkeeper man! I need schum more H4198. Jush' leave the jug right there cuz I ain't done yet."

Smilin' here......:D

The usual suspects.

Here's a look downrange to the 200 yd. target frames. Obscuring the view are three ne'er-do-wells known to frequent rifle ranges, pool halls, precision rifle building shops, hospitals, steel yards, construction sites and Metallica concerts. The names have been changed to protect 'The Innocent'. ;) Might be a pun there.

The green trap house in the background is where Randy Robinett's nemesis...the infamous Big Mike... sometimes holes up when he's gettin' weaned off the Wild Turkey or the locals have been losing chickens.

Radar2C20Fitter2C20and20Erector1.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's a look downrange to the 200 yd. target frames. Obscuring the view are three ne'er-do-wells known to frequent rifle ranges, pool halls, precision rifle building shops, hospitals, steel yards, construction sites and Metallica concerts. The names have been changed to protect 'The Innocent'. ;) Might be a pun there.

The green trap house in the background is where Randy Robinett's nemesis...the infamous Big Mike... sometimes holes up when he's gettin' weaned off the Wild Turkey or the locals have been losing chickens.

Radar2C20Fitter2C20and20Erector1.jpg
[/IMG]

OOOppfff! THAT is a rough crowd!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Hey Al..... NICE leg shot bud!!!! :p

Maddog: You started this with all your talk about Robinett in a thong. :eek: It was so hot and humid that day that even he had shorts on! :cool: To my left, munching on an apple, is Stan "I Saw Elvis at 200 Yards" Ware and Paul "My Dad Ain't so Innocent" Becigneul.

Tough crowd out here. That's how we roll. :D

Back