Where have all the reamer rental places gone?

JerrySharrett

Senile Member
I started searching the net for chamber reamer rental places. Elk ridge, Shawnie, Buck Steel, etc---gone?? 4D does not have it.

I am looking for a 25/222 Rem Mag reamer to do one barrel so I don't need to buy one if possible.

Hey Jerry, I found Elk Ridge doing a search. Not sure if they are still in business but their site is still up. reamerrentals dot com

Joe Hynes

I use White Rock Tool and Die frequently. DOn't know if they have that reamer but they are good to deal with.

I'm with Jim. White Rock Tool & Die, 6400 N. Brighton Avenue, Kansas City, MO 64119 (816) 454-0478. They do NOT have a website. They operate the old fashioned way, answering the telephone and mailing you a list of reamers. Great folks to deal with.

Clemson

Thanks guys, I'll call them today.

Edit, I talked with Keith Rice at White Rock and he didn't have this particular reamer but sounded like he has a pretty good selection of chambering stuff like throaters, gages, etc.

Last edited:
Jerry
what do you have planned with a 25/222? sounds interesting!! If you dont mind me asking that is. Lee

I read about that chambering as a kid. I can't remember the jist of the article. Guess it's time to do some Gooogle-ing. Gosh, it's terrible to have started suffering from CRSS.

Edit: The 25/222, not the 25/222 Mag. I think it was called the 25/222 Copperhead.

Greg J.

Last edited:
I read about that chambering as a kid. I can't remember the jist of the article. Guess it's time to do some Gooogle-ing. Gosh, it's terrible to have started suffering from CRSS.

Edit: The 25/222, not the 25/222 Mag. I think it was called the 25/222 Copperhead.

Greg J.
Yep. There is also a 25/222 Rem Mag IMP (40 degree shoulder instead of a 23). This is just for kicks! Great starter chambering for a young person. It will easily kill a deer at 250 yards.

Then there is the 257 Kimber.

Here in Illiniois we cant deer hunt with most centerfire rifle chamberings. however we can use a 30/223 with 120grain-ish bullets. i dont recall all the details or ballistic requirements. I would have to look them up. Anyway i may try this Illinois legal 30/223 this coming fall. Not sure what kind of velocities something like this will have but i would just about bet it will be super accurate with a quality barrel and rifle. Heck i could sit at my indoor shooting bench, and pick them off at the tree line and watch the morning news, all while being nice and warm. LOL!! By the end of the summer i will have about 3000 rounds on one of my 30BR barrels so that might make for a good donor deer hunting barrel. Dave Kiff sells the reamers, and a die shouldnt be all that hard to come up with or make. Anyone know anything more about this than i do? Illinois laws really suck and they make no since what so ever, but the law is the law and this is what we have. Lee

Here in Illiniois we cant deer hunt with most centerfire rifle chamberings. however we can use a 30/223 with 120grain-ish bullets. i dont recall all the details or ballistic requirements. I would have to look them up. Anyway i may try this Illinois legal 30/223 this coming fall. Not sure what kind of velocities something like this will have but i would just about bet it will be super accurate with a quality barrel and rifle. Heck i could sit at my indoor shooting bench, and pick them off at the tree line and watch the morning news, all while being nice and warm. LOL!! By the end of the summer i will have about 3000 rounds on one of my 30BR barrels so that might make for a good donor deer hunting barrel. Dave Kiff sells the reamers, and a die shouldnt be all that hard to come up with or make. Anyone know anything more about this than i do? Illinois laws really suck and they make no since what so ever, but the law is the law and this is what we have. Lee
I have the Redding dies already and am working backwards toward a reamer. Dave has a 25/222 Rem Mag Imp (40 degree shoulder) and this is a 23 degree. I guess I'll get him to chop off the 40 to 23. Since this is a one-off I was hoping to just rent a reamer though. That's $35 to rent vs $150 to buy.

I just looked again at his drawing and it is a 285 neck and I need a 280, oh well.

By the end of the summer i will have about 3000 rounds on one of my 30BR barrels so that might make for a good donor deer hunting barrel.

Must be a relatively fast twist... What's the velocity for a 30/223?

Back