Where can I buy some replacement "bags"?

40grain

Hi,
About 10 years ago I bought a rest made by a small shop. The rest looks like this:

P1010119.JPG

It uses some small "bags" that have worked well but are getting worn out. I can contact the maker of the rest but I'm wondering if anyone else makes similar bags.

I would like to find out if I have a choice of other sources for some replacement bags.

Does anyone have any ideas?

i have the same top, but do not know the maker.
i just sold mine, went to a sinclair top of the line br rest.

Yes, it's a "Fudd" Mountain Specialties rest made by Scott Hamilton.

I have enjoyed owning and using it. I found dealing with Scott was great. The last time I asked him if I could get more bags he suggested that it might be easier to make my own.

Thanks for the link to Mr. Greenlaw.

Last edited:
Hi,
About 10 years ago I bought a rest made by a small shop. The rest looks like this:

View attachment 16264

It uses some small "bags" that have worked well but are getting worn out. I can contact the maker of the rest but I'm wondering if anyone else makes similar bags.

I would like to find out if I have a choice of other sources for some replacement bags.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Try Randolph Machine Inc for replacement bags.
http://www.randolphmachine.com/atop.html

i have a fudd top as well. it looks like he made the bags from a
tube made of a plastic fabric, the ends are folded and glued,
they shouldn't be that hard to make if you can find the material.
i guess scott quit making stuff, phone calls and emails go unanswered.

probably the best source for the 3 pillow bag is Ron Hoehn at Hoehn

Sales. You can find him from the home page on BR Central.

That is a Fudd top. I had a bad bag and called him. He no longer has the fabric or bags but he told me what he used and where to buy it so I ordered a yard of it. If you need some, send me your address and I'll cut you some off and mail it to you....no cost. I recommend making the bottom bag a little bigger so it will be thicker and don't use play sand, or heavy sand, use beach sand so it won't pack as bad.

Hovis

Back