What's For Dessert??

Good lookin' banana puddin' there Jackie! I don't think you can concern yourself about the calories unless you force people to eat it....just sayin'.

I read a recipe for banana pudding a day or so ago that wasn't even close to what I'd call a banana pudding...but I've been to a few buffets that had less and they still called it a banana pudding. I'm thinking that there are some folks that have never had a spoonful of the real stuff. That statement is based on a previous event where I made a similar batch and two kids said they didn't like it. While they were still here, I went to the store and got a box of Jello pudding and made a batch using that...they ate the whole thing. That's a true story....

Wish I had a bowl of that stuff you made right now!!!

Good old Pavlova, naturally with Kiwifruit over here

Merry Christmas from Kiwi land

Greg looks good, did you make that............you must have some hidden talents.........can we put in an order for North Island Champs, might need more than one for all the shooters

Greg looks good, did you make that............you must have some hidden talents.........can we put in an order for North Island Champs, might need more than one for all the shooters

No Carina dressed it up, you reckon feed them up on pav so much they get the shakes....cunning plan, she is looking forward to her first shoot,

Merry Christmas, see you at Tok

I can remember eating banana pudding with Jackie a few years back at the Memorial Day shoot at Raton. Marilyn made chicken spaghetti and banana pudding for desert. I don’t think I have had a higher calorie meal since then.... I also recall that Robert Whitewood joined us, I was in awe at how much food he ate. Marilyn went to goddess status with Robert right then and there.

Merry Christmas. Dessert , peach pie, I'll have pictures up in the morning.
Very nice day but still glad it only comes around two or three times a year.
Tom J.

Nana pudding

There is an art to making a Banana Pudding. My Grandma was the Family expert. She called it a “Nana Pudding”. The ingredients were the key. The banana’s had to be just ripe enough. Not too soft and not too hard(Green). The cookies had to be the brand “Nilla wafers”. Anything other brand just wouldn’t cut it. The filling had to be just the right consistency. Not too thin or not too thick.

I haven’t had a Banana Pudding like that, since Grandma passed away. I can taste it now. She could have been a good Benchrest Gunsmith. She was a perfectionist when it comes to cooking.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Glenn

There is an art to making a Banana Pudding. My Grandma was the Family expert. She called it a “Nana Pudding”. The ingredients were the key. The banana’s had to be just ripe enough. Not too soft and not too hard(Green). The cookies had to be the brand “Nilla wafers”. Anything other brand just wouldn’t cut it. The filling had to be just the right consistency. Not too thin or not too thick.

I haven’t had a Banana Pudding like that, since Grandma passed away. I can taste it now. She could have been a good Benchrest Gunsmith. She was a perfectionist when it comes to cooking.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Glenn

Glenn, your Grandma was right. I need to make you a batch, put it in a small ice chest, and send it next day air.

I use the basic recipe for the custard that has been on the "Nabisco Nilla Wafer" box since I was a kid, with a few modifications. For a bowl this big, I triple it. I also use both egg whites and yokes. substitute 1/3 of the milk with a can of Pet Evaporated Milk and I add a tablespoon of corn starch.

Cook it slow on a double boiler, with loving care.

Last edited:
I can remember eating banana pudding with Jackie a few years back at the Memorial Day shoot at Raton. Marilyn made chicken spaghetti and banana pudding for desert. I don’t think I have had a higher calorie meal since then.... I also recall that Robert Whitewood joined us, I was in awe at how much food he ate. Marilyn went to goddess status with Robert right then and there.

Bill, I remember that. Haven't heard from your Dad.

Nana pudding

Glenn, your Grandma was right. I need to make you a batch, put it in a small ice chest, and send it next day air.

Jackie,your picture of that pie, brings back memories from long ago. I'd like to take a big spoon and scoop me out a big chunk of that pudding. You ought to bring one of them(Side dish) to the next Match we attend. It might improve my afternoon Agg.

Glenn

Jackie,your picture of that pie, brings back memories from long ago. I'd like to take a big spoon and scoop me out a big chunk of that pudding. You ought to bring one of them(Side dish) to the next Match we attend. It might improve my afternoon Agg.

Glenn

Too much sugar Glenn.

Sugar

Its hard to eat healthy when you're around good food. A small scoop shouldn't do much harm. I'll take my chances.

Glenn

My wife was impressed .....came back from the store with Nilla Wafers and and bananas.

Can't wait.

Mort

The Nilla Wafers were digested in front of a large screen tv....... while the bananas went through a natural organic death process.

Still waiting.

Mort

Back