What stock for the 30 br?

A good place to start looking is on the IBS website and check out the equipment list...www.internationalbenchrest.com I use a mcmillan/bruno, but I know that every make and manner of stock has been shot in matches.
Leonard, Hunter, Scoville, kelbly, McMillan, Robertson, and others have all been used sucessfully in VFS although in our area I don't know too many Scoville users. Which is not to say they won't work, but just not too many guys using them out this way.
Get something with a nice long forend and that balances well whether it comes in right at 13.5 or 12.8. Balance is important.
Hope this helps,
Mike

I was thinking about the Kelby version of Tom Merediths TMBR. I had a BRX at one time, loved it. But they are not being made now, I guess and Robertson's stocks was also nice. Any feed back about this stock? And I still have not decided on what action, should I decide to have one built. All I can say right now is I would prefer a screw in action over the glue in...

thx

Last edited:
Joe,
my panda has a TM if you want to try one before you buy one, call me, I'll drop it by your store for you to try, I think Frank has a couple zane stocks on the trailer,,,,,,,,

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

Thx Guys, I have looked at the winners list and there are quite a few, David I will call you, Dusty I like that stock too, Jim I will look at that again. David how you like the panda?

thx

Stock

I'm sure the choice of stock, on Dean's rifle, has very little to do with his success. He is a very good shooter and whips us regularly with wood or FG.

I'm sure the choice of stock, on Dean's rifle, has very little to do with his success. He is a very good shooter and whips us regularly with wood or FG.

Eddie, Yea and then you can get him to play for a little tune for entertainment……… LOl…. jim

True, Very true.
And he has trained Hillary to shoot well enough she has also become a serious threat to contend with.
Dick

Back