What is this?

G

Gary Walters

I need help identifying this material. It comes in 8 ft. lengths. I want to obtain this material to use on target frames to hold benchrest targets in place. We had a problem this year with wooden target holders swelling during rain and we had trouble getting the targets into the holders.

Thanks in advance for your help. Someone gave me a sample, but I am not sure what it is called.

GW

Side view
2a8rbpe.jpg

Top view
nwbptx.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like the material they put between sheets of wall board on those modular or trailer homes. It acts as a seem.

There has to be a whole lot of plastic extrusions about to suit various needs. We use a square U channel section for a particular application on our range.

It might be worth googling standard plastic extrusions.

I've seen that stuff used between panels of sheet goods on walls and as a transition piece between carpet and wood flooring. Take your piece to your local home improvement center and they should be able to get it for you if they don't have it in stock.
Re: the target stands, if you build them from lengths of 1X4 with overlapping vertical and horizontal pieces you can staple your targets to cardboard and slip the cardboard into the 3/4 inch slot between the lengths of board and hold the cardboard mounted targets in place with wooden wedges.

Attachments

• Target Stand.jpg
    Target Stand.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 276
Last edited by a moderator:
GW,
Some years ago I bought 4x8 sheets of a decorative waterproof tempered Masonite material about 1/8" thick to be used for relining the walls of a combination bath & shower. When I purchased the material I also purchased a number of the strips that you show in your photographs to butt & seal the joint between the sheets. I'd suggest you go to a building supply place that carries bathroom remodeling materials with one of your samples and they probably will recognize it...

Happy Shooting,
Mitch & Shadow...

It is for FRP paneling, you can buy it at Lowes, Home Depot, or any good lumber yard that sells FRP. It runs about $2.50 for 8' piece for the plastic, and is also available in stainless.

FWIW

I end the problem of target frames swelling because of rain by switching to pressure treated lumber. Now I just wish people would stop shooting holes in my target frames. I have yet to find any bullet proof material for frames.:D

Thanks, I found it

FRP division bar molding. I found a 8' piece at Lowes that is wider and better suited for our needs than the sample I have.

I appreciate all the help.

GW

Last edited:
Back