what is 2 gun agg?

Pretty simple, best total score for 2 classes, or 3,4,6, etc. A regular IR 50 match has 2 gun(10 1/2 & 13 1/2) or 3 gun ( 10 1/2, 131/2, sportier) aggregate winners.

ok,so what if you shoot just one sporter class?

If you shot sporter only, you would not have a 3 gun score. If your score was actually posted in the 3 gun listing it would be the same as your sporter score. Anytime you don't compete in all the targets involved in a multi-gun - you aren't eligible for that multi-gun.

Not exactly

Well it's nice to have two guns to shoot all three class but not strictly necessary. You could shoot all three classes with your sporter. I did when I first started. No, I wasn't competitive but that was more me than the gun. It got me experience till I could afford a true 10.5# gun and made me really appreciate a flat forearm and 36X scope! :)

Dennis

so,you have to have atleast 2 guns for 2 classes.

The way some sporters shoot, one could simply swap scopes and keep on shooting! The radiused stock is an issue but, as well as some of them shoot and some shooters shoot them, it isn't such a far fetched notion, IMHO. One could always come up with some sort of adapter for the forend to take the Rock & Roll out, if they were on a budget. Wouldn't it be nice to only need one set of ammo to deal with? Two stocks may be another way to approach it a well.

P

Last edited:
thanks guys for the info.right now i have a cz 425,455 and a savage mark ii.i will have to read up on the rules and see if i can understand them.it sounds like alot of fun.i think i will go to a matc and watch to see how it is done.when and whare do they start? is there more than one style of bench rest shooting?

Back