What Do the Few Do That the Rest of Us Do Not?

Here's another angle to the dangle.
Why 30 barrels? Was it to find the best? Or maybe that is how many this guy wears out. Or who knows....barrels are like tires....
Why 75 rifles? Was it to find the best? Maybe he could tell little things that he did not like. Have to put bolt lube on the bolt every 5 rounds....or every once in a while there was heavy bolt lift. Not often. Tracking was not really good....not often. Speed when shooting 200 y. Not as fast as this other action. Maybe he never found an action he thought was good enough....All goes back to passion....

I almost gave up. Found a very small bump in the front of the stock. Moved the stop post back. And all good....Now it has a new barrel....errrrrr
I won my first 2 gun in Sept. I am back in the hunt....

Tim B.

I'll agree

I'll agree to most of what everyone said about this, but I believe as Wilbur does,, you can't just buy a rifle and be sure you can make it a winner. Of course
you must be able to shoot well in most conditions, but if the rifle is not up to par, you'll get more tears than pine boards. If you're anaverage or even below average shooter,
I'd be willing to bet, if you were to purchase a rifle from one of the top shooters, (rifle he/she is winning w/often) you will have a better agg. than usual. As "cook and bottle washer
states,, get a real good rifle, then you can really concentrate on the other things you have to do to win.

You may shoot better with their equipment , but go try to buy
a proven rifle from one of them . Until they are finished with it ,
You will not purchase it ! Maybe never, why would they sell it ?

They would have to LOVE YOU alot

Ain't that right Colonel Billy Stevens

Last edited:
I'll agree to most of what everyone said about this, but I believe as Wilbur does,, you can't just buy a rifle and be sure you can make it a winner. Of course
you must be able to shoot well in most conditions, but if the rifle is not up to par, you'll get more tears than pine boards. If you're anaverage or even below average shooter,
I'd be willing to bet, if you were to purchase a rifle from one of the top shooters, (rifle he/she is winning w/often) you will have a better agg. than usual. As "cook and bottle washer
states,, get a real good rifle, then you can really concentrate on the other things you have to do to win.

Tommy, how did the Southpaw rifle you bought at the Super Shoot do?

Better than Miss Pepper?

I know, but

You may shoot better with their equipment , but go try to buy
a proven rifle from one of them . Until they are finished with it ,
You will not purchase it ! Maybe never, why would they sell it ?

They would have to LOVE YOU alot

Ain't that right Colonel Billy Stevens

Wilbur bought one,, I know Tony has sold rifles that still had an edge,, and Jack Neary has sold several.. In fact I bought a Panda , Jack got some hall of fame points with.. (Or I made the deal between a friend of mine and Jack) He never spoke to Jack, other than faxing a copy of his drivers license along w/FFL from the local pawn shop.

Last edited:
Yes, you have to have a good rifle,

but you have to be able to drive the darn thing. I mostly practice at 200 and I don't go out if it's nice.
I shoot mainly when it's windy, lots of mirage, about the worst conditions you could ask for.
Practice isn't about shooting small when it's nice. It's about shooting small ( and consistant) when it's NOT nice.
That's what wins aggs here in the mid-west.

Richard

but you have to be able to drive the darn thing. I mostly practice at 200 and I don't go out if it's nice.
I shoot mainly when it's windy, lots of mirage, about the worst conditions you could ask for.
Practice isn't about shooting small when it's nice. It's about shooting small ( and consistant) when it's NOT nice.
That's what wins aggs here in the mid-west.

Richard

That's what wins everywhere.

Rick

Back