what Cal

culdnt resist any longer!!!

ooooo AL ...you have exposed me,,, I cant even find some of my fish in the aquarium here in the living room...they party all nite ,,,I hear em out there in the living room a splashin around and throwin their cans out on the carpet,then it seems like one of em musta got mad and left, prolly over a woman!!!
and...OBTW...when I'm out a huntin I take a pee ((this darn Diabetes)) about evry hundred yds. and it is helpful for rangeing in a big buck.
I am maneuverin with evrything in me to make it to Sacremento in April,,shure hope to see u there ,,,and Lynn Sr/Jr....have a great day and keep ur head down ifn your a huntin in my neck of the woods.....Roger

My limits are my limits and I do not owe you an explanation of my limits. I do enough LR shooting, have the equipment and practice disciplined shots to stay within my limits. Disciplined means by the way, you do not take every shot that might be presented. If more of the "under 300 yd" shooters would practice that it would be better for all.

You have unsuccessfully been basically arguing that your self imposed limits (that is giving you credit where it may not be due by the way) of 300 yards taken from gun rag, are required to be everyone else's. That is an absolutely pompous and ignorant position considering the facts that have been repeadedly laid out for you.

Which leaves us with my previous observation of this discussion:

"You can always tell a Rock, but you cannot tell them much!" is proven again.

BH

200 posts and 6000 views gets us from Mauser actions to communing with your fish..........gottaluvvit!

al

Winmod70

Model 70 I'll let you in on a little known 1,000 yard deer hunting secret.If you use a 12-42 Nightforce at 42 power you can watch there eyes close.If at the same time you listen very carefully you can often times hear them snoring as well.If you get the shot off while they are exhaling they can't gulp in enough air in 1.205 seconds to make a clean get-away.Yes I know its unethical to shoot a bedded deer according to you.

I do have an immediate task for you concernig the unethical treatment of animals and the youth of our great nation.In Southern California they have just recalled 140,000,000 pounds of beef do to it being treated very poorly.All of the bad treatment was done at less than 25 yards none of it was done at 1,000 yards.Most of this meat goes into school lunches for Americas youth.
Your task is to teach those shortrange slaughter houses how to ethicaly kill a standing cow.I know you have most of your experience with chickens but this is for Americas Youth.
After you have straightened out all of the sub 25 yard slaughter houses you can work on the shortrange deer hunters.
Lynn

Model 70 I'll let you in on a little known 1,000 yard deer hunting secret.If you use a 12-42 Nightforce at 42 power you can watch there eyes close.If at the same time you listen very carefully you can often times hear them snoring as well.If you get the shot off while they are exhaling they can't gulp in enough air in 1.205 seconds to make a clean get-away.Yes I know its unethical to shoot a bedded deer according to you.

I do have an immediate task for you concernig the unethical treatment of animals and the youth of our great nation.In Southern California they have just recalled 140,000,000 pounds of beef do to it being treated very poorly.All of the bad treatment was done at less than 25 yards none of it was done at 1,000 yards.Most of this meat goes into school lunches for Americas youth.
Your task is to teach those shortrange slaughter houses how to ethicaly kill a standing cow.I know you have most of your experience with chickens but this is for Americas Youth.
After you have straightened out all of the sub 25 yard slaughter houses you can work on the shortrange deer hunters.
Lynn

Bad treatment of one does not justify the same to another.

My limits are my limits and I do not owe you an explanation of my limits. I do enough LR shooting, have the equipment and practice disciplined shots to stay within my limits. Disciplined means by the way, you do not take every shot that might be presented. If more of the "under 300 yd" shooters would practice that it would be better for all.

You have unsuccessfully been basically arguing that your self imposed limits (that is giving you credit where it may not be due by the way) of 300 yards taken from gun rag, are required to be everyone else's. That is an absolutely pompous and ignorant position considering the facts that have been repeadedly laid out for you.

Which leaves us with my previous observation of this discussion:

"You can always tell a Rock, but you cannot tell them much!" is proven again.

BH

You state "disciplined" as though you and others have an ability that few possess yet you defend your actions without regard to the question of movement by the animal during the bullets time of flight then try casting doubts about statements made by others with the experience to pass review in hunting journals; Whelen, O'Connor and others spent years in the field taking game but to the best of my reading none of these men would make statements like many on this thread. You and the rest of those that publicly announce stunts that seem fantastic to the uninformed will no doubt cause more foolishness with firearms as though there is not enough to begin with in this country.

I totally agree with those that state that this thread should be removed in whole and further say that the remarks made concerning the use of LR guns in the field should not be allowed; keep the threads content on target shooting only if you truly enjoy your sport. I can't forecast the future but many people of power have made negative statements concerning "sniper" rifles and the winds of change are near, JMHO.

As for the "Stonecasters" I could care less what you do with your toys in regards to game, kill and maim them anyway you choose; there is a day of reckoning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Winmod70

What we have here is a failure to communicate,some men you just can't get through too and Model 70 is one of them.Jack O'connor is the guy I was referring to about the Antelope in Wyoming.A great story teller doesn't make you a great hunter but you fell for it hook line and sinker.

I now ask you a few questions and you tell me the answers rounded off in whole numbers.
How many deer are wounded at a 1,000 yards annually?
How many deer are maimed at 1,000 yards annually?
How many cows does it take to get 140,000,000 pounds of beef from?
How long have those slaughter companies been treating those cows badly?
How long has the youth of America been eating tainted meat?
What are you doing about it?
Lynn

Looking For A Good Scope

MID-WAY ARMS IS SELLING A SCOPE THAT CLAIMS TO BE A GOV-OVER-RUN. THE SCOPE IS TITLED "COUNTER SNIPER" 10-40x 56MM
WITH A 64MM BELL. IT ALSO HAS THE RETICAL IN THE FIRST FOCAL PLANE. I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT SCOPES OTHER THAN I HAVE HAD SOME JUNK AND WHOULD REALY LIKE A QUALITY SCOPE. SHOULD I CONTINUE AND SAVE MY MONEY AND BUY A LEUPOLD FOR $1800. IF ANYONE HAS SOME SOLID EXPIRIANCE I WOULD LOVE TO GET YOUR FEEDBACK. I LIVE IN MIDDLE TENEESSE AND INTEND TO PLACE THIS SCOPE ON A MAUSER 98 CAL 308 THAT I PUT TOGETHER WITH A ADDAMS AND BENETT BARELL FROM MID WAY ARMS. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS.

Thank you, aliwa . . .

for defending us lowly archery hunters , who use the deadliest weapons on the planet - I'm with you 100%!! :)
Wow, 6400++ reads! :eek: RG

Back