Weird pm's, virus on the forum?

I received a PM from you suggesting I see the video on the address: http: tube.creozone.info...

My AVG Security stopped the download telling me it is infected.

? ? ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the same screwy PM...didn't download....will delete PM
Mine said that it was from Ulrik.

Last edited:
Now you've got me scared, I got a PM from Ulrik Sandgren about the vid and clik'd it to open. It would not play but it popped up......

ooops??

ouch!

al

I just got 12 PM's from alinwa all about the same video...

I think some hacker is playing this forum...

I suggest anyone getting a message suggesting they look at any video simply ignore and delete it.

I just deleted the PM. It was noted as sent from alinwa and I can't see Al as being a strong user of youtube so I deleted it. What the heck is on youtube Al???

Mike Swartz

I just deleted the PM. It was noted as sent from alinwa and I can't see Al as being a strong user of youtube so I deleted it. What the heck is on youtube Al???

Mike Swartz

:D:D

?????

Mine came from Ulrik Sandgren, now it seems to have switched over to me!

I just hope it goes away.

al

This is a possibility ...

any who is shown as sending it - your computer may be infected...

I am not sure but there is a good chance of it...

I don't believe it is that harmful but it wastes a lot of space...

I got 24 pm's too.

I clicked the link. But I knew not to open it when it came up as a file.

You guys might want to try Avira anti virus. It works well.

I've deleted them as they came in.........I just get 12 more, this time from Francis B.
Turning the PM box off sounds like a good idea.

-Dave-:)

I got about a dozen copies each of it from FBecigneul, and Alinwa and 1 nastygram from thehippy77. I think that hippy's nastygram is legitimate but the others are part of a virus. If you notice it is not really youtube it is something different and it downloads an executable file. My recommendation is not to open it.
Lucky I have a MAC.
Ted
PS and 1 from Ulrik Sandgren
How do you delete PMs without opening them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind. I figured it out!

I think that this is a malicious download aimed at bringing this board down by posting the same message over and over from those that open the download.
By posting the same private message over and over it could eventually occupy all available disk space for the board and take us off line.
It is posing as an update to play the video but it is not.
Don't download the file and if you do then don't open it. Throw the exe file away and if your computer has the option such as a MAC does then empty trash using ZERO all data. If you do a normal empty trash it may still be able to execute from the trash.

I suspect this was started by a disgruntled user or someone in the anti guy coalition.
Ted

I just got 10 of those messages from Al and 10 from Francis....the worm grows!!

D/L the latest virus definitions and run a full scan.

I'm turning my PM feature off for a few days.

Question while I look...

Do those of you mentioned as sending the PMs in question have a "strong" password?

Back