Weigh your rifles

For your Christmas gift money from mom: Harbor Freight tools has a 70 pound capacity electronic postal scale that weighs in 0.2 oz. increments. It runs on a 9 volt battery and will easily weigh a BR rifle. It is on sale for $39.99. I have one and it has proven to be very accurate. Harbor Freight is a large internet tool supply company that has retail stores in lots of US cities. Tim

This thread has inspired me to buy a new scale to weigh my rifles and I am shocked at what is out there for the money. People used to tell me check eBay but heck there is no need to mess with eBay I bought a very nice looking scale from amazon.com for $28 with free shipping.

I just received it this after noon but so far am very pleased. My certified weights are up at the club and of course only time will tell how well the unit holds up but what I purchased was the Digiweigh XP Series 36lb it weighs to 36lb in oz's and tenths of an oz .

scale.jpg

Shows my backup rifle is 13lb 5.6 oz with scope caps bolt holster etc. I do not like to cut it close.

scale2.jpg

Close up of the scale shows nice size display.

Dick

It's a world market Dick and as you're finding out the ChiCom's are blowing American Mfg out of the water. All this old tech from machinery to microchips , motors to measuring tools is now available for a small fraction of what it's cost ever before. Lowest prices in the history of mfg.

So enjoy it, reap the benefits until the markets stabilize..... or paste a big white smile on and go pay from 10 to 100 times more for "American Made"

al

For your Christmas gift money from mom: Harbor Freight tools has a 70 pound capacity electronic postal scale that weighs in 0.2 oz. increments. It runs on a 9 volt battery and will easily weigh a BR rifle. It is on sale for $39.99. I have one and it has proven to be very accurate. Harbor Freight is a large internet tool supply company that has retail stores in lots of US cities. Tim

Made in CHINA?

Your right Al, they are...with slave labor rates. No thanks! :)

It's a world market Dick and as you're finding out the ChiCom's are blowing American Mfg out of the water. All this old tech from machinery to microchips , motors to measuring tools is now available for a small fraction of what it's cost ever before. Lowest prices in the history of mfg.

So enjoy it, reap the benefits until the markets stabilize..... or paste a big white smile on and go pay from 10 to 100 times more for "American Made"

al

Back