Weaver T-Series XR 46x48mm

Get one for $599 at Natchez Shooter's Supply.

I have always been suspicious of the "specialty" uncataloged Weavers on Natchez. I'm surprised to see this one show up on Optics Planet.

The Weaver XR-46 was introduced about 4-5 years ago, and the price point was about $800.00, I purchased one as did a lot of friends.Then all of a sudden the scopes started to have oil spots on the internal lens. I called weaver and they had me send mine back, and about a dozen others that I looked thru in both phoenix and las vegas shoots were all showing the same issue. I spoke with weaver several times and they said they were working on a fix but had no idea of when the engineers would have the fix available, so I asked if they would return it as I needed it for a shoot, they agreed and shipped it back.
Many of these scopes were bought from Bruno’s and he was also dealing with this failure by weaver to fix the scopes. After the match I needed the scope for, I called weaver and they said they were going to buy all of the scopes back at purchase price so I sent them the scope and copies of the receipts and they sent me a check for $817.00, and like wise they bought all of the ones friends had, and the ones Bruno’s had taken back.About 2 years later like late 2017 they reintroduced the scope and I have 2 of them and my neighbor bought one and I shoot in in VFS matches and have the other on my rail gun and have had no problems with them what so ever. I would tell you that the crosshairs are very fine and the dot is like 3/32. When I ordered the current ones I went with just crosshairs because the dot was so small on the first one I felt it actually blended into the crosshairs. The other item to be aware of is you can’t get the reticle changed because it is an etched reticle.
If you search this site you will probably be able to pull up the thread that I started when the problems started, look under my old screen name Steelhead1 .

Last edited:
Thank you both for the info, I guess these just slipped under my radar. A friend of mine gave me a stack of magazines with a Natchez catalog in the mix.

After spending about 15 grand the last couple yrs on scopes, and they ain't all perfect..... this thing just popped off the page.

So Gary, have you put one on the scopechecker? (I can live with a lot but scope movement is a p!$$er!)

Just got a Natchez

catalog yesterday. They are selling the weaver 46x48mm for mid 800's.

catalog yesterday. They are selling the weaver 46x48mm for mid 800's.

No Greg. They are selling for 600 bucks for a crosshair and dot and 620 for a plain crosshair.

Jim,

Their February print flyer lists the T Series XR Fixed power target scope, 46x48 (NEW) fine x hard matte at $879.99. Page 6 bottom of right hand column.

Their February print flyer lists the T Series XR Fixed power target scope, 46x48 (NEW) fine x hard matte at $879.99. Page 6 bottom of right hand column.

Greg. I don't care what their printed flyer says. It's on sale on line. You go online to their website and order it from there and it's 600 & 620 respectively.

Well, I searched and found some of the reviews and writeups....... yup, I missed this one. I've found the 600 and 620 ones on Natchez and will be trying one.

Thanks guys

Jim, if'n they were .02

Greg. I don't care what their printed flyer says. It's on sale on line. You go online to their website and order it from there and it's 600 & 620 respectively.

I wouldn't buy one. Had my run with 6 T series weavers long ago. No more weavers unless they were made in El Paso!

I wouldn't buy one. Had my run with 6 T series weavers long ago. No more weavers unless they were made in El Paso!

These have zero to do with the T series, and are very well made.
Always nice to get an opinion from somebody with zero knowledge of the topic product.

Sorry fella

These have zero to do with the T series, and are very well made.
Always nice to get an opinion from somebody with zero knowledge of the topic product.

I'll hold to my opinion of Weavers. They drove me to frozen Leupolds in Brackney rings long ago, and my trust level is zero. You can ridicule that all you like but once bitten twice shy. Tell us in detail what you found when you disassembled one and why we should trust them.

Last edited:
I'll hold to my opinion of Weavers. They drove me to frozen Leupolds in Brackney rings long ago, and my trust level is zero. You can ridicule that all you like but once bitten twice shy. Tell us in detail what you found when you disassembled one and why we should trust them.

Because they work well friend, we have several of them down here, the 1st one I had was great.... a lube issue was not structural.
This, compared to what, exactly, something you had, completely unrelated, 10 years back.....I think not.

ok

Because they work well friend, we have several of them down here, the 1st one I had was great.... a lube issue was not structural.
This, compared to what, exactly, something you had, completely unrelated, 10 years back.....I think not.

and thanks for the info. I will keep my eyes and ears open if I see more of them and can get first hand reports from actual benchrest applications of the new Weaver. Until then I prefer to use others.

and thanks for the info. I will keep my eyes and ears open if I see more of them and can get first hand reports from actual benchrest applications of the new Weaver. Until then I prefer to use others.

I have a 46x48 Weaver on my Bat ds Scarbourgh 6ppc, it has nice clear glass no issues, nor have I had any issues with any of the Weavers that I have had. I shoot in the Southeast region. The only issue is the scope is on the heavy side. I have had it for three years now.

Dan Honert

I've been shooting one of and on for the past 3 years. Only problem I have, is my old eye, has a hard time picking up the Fine Dot and Crosshairs at the evening matches. Daytime, no problem at all.

Al

Thank you all for your information..... Mine has shipped, I'll be finding out soon :)

let us know what you think and how it performs re: reliable tracking and hold POI. Thanks to the others for their input also.

let us know what you think and how it performs re: reliable tracking and hold POI. Thanks to the others for their input also.

Greg. There has never been a POI issue with the 46X. Just the oil spots on the lenses on some of the earlier ones.

Back