weaver T series 46

skeetlee

just looking around for a mid priced short range scope for a client of mine I came across the weaver t series46x I remember there were some issues with the early scopes but I was wondering if the issues have been addressed? whats the general thought on these scopes? I have found some for 625$ but I just don't know anything about them. would a Leupold 45x be a safer bet? Any info is helpful info at this point.. Stay safe !!

Lee, a friend of mine bought one 2 seasons ago & it has been trouble free. No spotting of the lenses whatsoever.
I've looked thru it & it crystal clear. Good value for the money imo.
I've had a 36xr for a few years it has no issues with it either.
The only real issue is that there is no more Weaver so customer support is extinct. You take your chances with them now.
By the way, he's decided its too much magnification for 50yd rimfire and would sell it if interested.

Keith

Last edited:
just looking around for a mid priced short range scope for a client of mine I came across the weaver t series46x I remember there were some issues with the early scopes but I was wondering if the issues have been addressed? whats the general thought on these scopes? I have found some for 625$ but I just don't know anything about them. would a Leupold 45x be a safer bet? Any info is helpful info at this point.. Stay safe !!
Lee
I have used 2 of the 46X with the dot reticle.
Have shot them on rimfire and centerfire with no issue past 2 years

Another good buy is the Nightforce 42 power BR model.
Their about $1000.00 only available in cross hair reticle (Optics Planet I think)
CLP

Corrections
Its sold by Euro Optics
Its called Competition Model not BR
Price is $1049.00 with free shipping
CLP

Last edited:
Lee
I have used 2 of the 46X with the dot reticle.
Have shot them on rimfire and centerfire with no issue past 2 years

Another good buy is the Nightforce 42 power BR model.
Their about $1000.00 only available in cross hair reticle (Optics Planet I think)
CLP

Euro Optic, and that’s gotta be the best deal going right now for a light benchrest scope.

I would also suggest looking at a used Sightron 45x if your client wants to stay in that $700ish range. Sorry I can’t comment on the 46x Weaver but I’ve seen a few at the lines in the matches I’ve shot in.

I've

see new weavers with problems others that are rock solid. When I first started shooting IBS score I went through 6 weaver T36s and everyone of them eventually had issues holding POI and adjusting. Right now I don't think the warranty is worth anything after they were taken over and it was only applicable to the original owner who also had to furnish a copy of the sales receipt.

Leupold competition....I had two and had to send both back, eventually sold them. One competitor told me he had 3 at one time...one on his gun, one at Leupold and one in the mail to them.

Last edited:
http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?91805-Weaver-XR-Series

Lee here is the thread I started on the weaver you are talking about. I currently have 3 of the repaired scopes that were sold after weaver figured out a fix for them, of the 3 2 are rock solid. The 3rd was purchased in Feb 2019, and the spots appeared as soon as I fired 4 rounds thru the rifle. I contacted Weaver, which is owned by vista outdoors shipped it back and after 3 weeks they said they can’t fix it and sent me a Bushnell Forge in its place.
I fired off a nasty email to the CEO of Vista Outdoors, and much to my surprise received a call from the #2 guy at Vista.
He explained why they couldn’t fix it because they have shut down the weaver repair facility, and discontinued making weaver scopes. He asked if I wanted my scope back in case I could find someone else to repair it.
I then called Cheryl from Optical Services company in New Mexico, and she agreed to look at it, but was up front that she does not like the scope. So I shipped it down to her and about 2 weeks later received it back with a note that she does not want to attemp to repair it.
I would follow the recommendation of others who commented about buying a different brand, your customer will be miles ahead and not have any headaches to deal with.

see new weavers with problems others that are rock solid. When I first started shooting IBS score I went through 6 weaver T36s and everyone of them eventually had issues holding POI and adjusting. Right now I don't think the warranty is worth anything after they were taken over and it was only applicable to the original owner who also had to furnish a copy of the sales receipt.

Leupold competition....I had two and had to send both back, eventually sold them. One competitor told me he had 3 at one time...one on his gun, one at Leupold and one in the mail to them.

The current LCS are pretty solid and have been for some time. Still represent about 1/2 the Super Shoot top 20.
Most of the LCS issues involve scopes 2 generations back, FWIW.

I wasn't aware of that..

The current LCS are pretty solid and have been for some time. Still represent about 1/2 the Super Shoot top 20.
Most of the LCS issues involve scopes 2 generations back, FWIW.

thanks for the updated information.

Back