Wawarsing Rod and Gun Match Sat. 5/24

Ed
The Red Ryder did Good. The other big news. Your Sporter and Baby Merlin were the only Sako's there. When my good friend Bill Calfee was setting the world straight on how blue print a ONE LUG Sako Action. As i remember at that time it was pictures only. Before Movies. Step by step dialog with lots of pictures. As a machinist by trade Friend Ed. You may want to dig up all those "nuggets" "pearls" of info. Friend Ed Just think what could come from your sparmtin.

Sako p-94 s

Ed
The Red Ryder did Good. The other big news. Your Sporter and Baby Merlin were the only Sako's there. When my good friend Bill Calfee was setting the world straight on how blue print a ONE LUG Sako Action. As i remember at that time it was pictures only. Before Movies. Step by step dialog with lots of pictures. As a machinist by trade Friend Ed. You may want to dig up all those "nuggets" "pearls" of info. Friend Ed Just think what could come from your sparmtin.

Gordon: It's true there are few Sako's competing today. I have worked,& reworked that sporter over the last 4 years, With only common sense procedures, and a few barrels. At present she sports a fairly fresh Rc/ Muller , with the famous Eck chamber,that is now coming into its own. With this bbl. she has shot multiple 250's & its not hard to find the rite ammo. I have always been a firm believer in " don't fix it if it aint broke" This is a rifle that may well have been shot in competition as far back as 10 years ago. I can only wonder how well it shot back then. As far as more "sparmtin" goes....You once told me that the ignition was the weak link in that action , ( Like smaking the faces of two hammers together) with that...I thought "screw it" smack um harder. & with a new heavier fp. spring, I have never had a misfire or a hangfire,& Im using a Jewll trigger set at it's lightest pull.( never a "slamfire" ) & the safety works. Maybe I will, look up those "nugget's" add a little Calfee whodo,& wizardry.... make a blue print..win me some pin's. Thanx Gordon. Ed.

Back